Some of the reviews I had read ahead of time prompted me to warn my husband that we might be pressured to buy a timeshare due to our two-night stay at this property. I am happy to report that, in my case at least, this did not prove true. We had an easy check-in and found the accommodations very well laid out, nicely appointed, and roomy, even for a studio suite. Everything was clean and sleek and there was a shuttered 'window' between the garden tub and the bed/sitting room area, which we left open, but I thought was a nice touch. The villas also included a shower, toilet in a separate room, washer/dryer, and mini kitchen stocked with kitchen utensils and dishes for four. The bed was exquisite, the view of the side pool was nice, and the service we got was good.
We barely had a chance to make use of the pool area, but the hot tubs were nice and there was a small kid's pool, but no slides or anything like that. The restaurant was all right; pretty good, but we went late in the evening and felt a little rushed. The 'grocery' store they have on site so that you can buy things to cook in your villa was rather overpriced and not really comprehensive, so if that's something you plan to do I would probably just stop at a real grocery in town and pick up whatever you're wanting to cook. It's convenient of them to have it available, however. We didn't have a need of their concierge team, either, but they were available and looked like they would be proficient at their job.
We left the resort feeling like we could have certainly spent a few more days there in order to really enjoy everything they had to offer. We had a lot of activities planned outside the resort so we didn't really avail ourselves of many of their services. Overall, A+.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai