This spot was a mixed bag. Staying longer or purchasing a package can reduce your overall cost. Research what kind of beach experience you want, because you will need to take a bus or car to get there from here (I am not counting nearby Anini beach because you really need to go farther down the road to gain better access to the beach). The Westin is a compromise between a cheap condo and a luxury hotel--and in the end, I was not glad that I had compromised. We did purchase the upgrade--it was twice the size of the room we had originally booked, and the only way to get a king-size bed, but the upgrade bathroom was very disappointing...definitely not the "spa-like" experience described by the hotel. We were encouraged to visit the concierge for our "special" arrival gift, and it turned out to be one of those cloth shopping bags worth about a dollar (I was expecting at least a box of chocolates), and then it became apparent that this visit was to arrange a tour of their time-share properties...what a lousy bait and switch! Would I stay here again?--no. Did it ruin my trip?--no. We loved the staff on the night shift -- so helpful and nice. Purchasing the upgrade did give us a view of the mountains and the ocean (but we would not have had this without purchasing the upgrade--and it did increase the cost substantially). If I were to do this again, I would search for a private property in Hanalei. I think this resort would suit many people who still want the amenities of a private apartment, but do not want to search for a privately-owned property. This is not a luxury location--if you want that, go to the St. Regis. I have no complaints about the cleanliness or the decor. It just wasn't worth the price, and wasn't really what I wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai