Let me start by sharing the middle of our vacation was great. We had a wonderful one bedroom suite with a lovely ocean view. Now..the pros and cons
*lovely room if you can get bldg 7, facing the ocean, bldg 6, or ocean view bldg 5
*great kitchen with utensils
*multiple places to grill
*free valet parking
*When we arrived in the evening we told them that we wanted to dine downstairs, but we had frozen food and my insulin and needed to put them in the refrigerator. They told us not to worry, that they would put everything in our room fridge. After dinning, we noticed that our luggage and gray bins with food and insulin were still outside the lobby. Upon inquiring, they said that all the things that needed refrigeration were in our room already. They were not. When calling the front desk, they said.."Oh, we kept it here in our fridge." That was not true...When we finally got our things, my insulin was warm, the ice pack had melted and our frozen food was not frozen anymore!
* The next day, we saw that our room balcony had no view and overlooked the parking lot and a fan..yuck! We requested another room..They offered a room in another bldg they said had a partial ocean view.At first I said no and then called back and said.."well it is better than the one we have so we will take it." They shared that they would send up a bellhop to move us. We packed up everything only to be moved to a room that was worse than the one we were in. So...we moved back..meanwhile..this was our day 2.
*After going to the front desk and sharing with one of the concierge, the manager overheard and worked with the front desk person to move us to another room on day 3. She also said she would wave the upgrade cost of 50$ a day to a one bedroom. One day 3 we asked if we could just pack up and they move us to the new room so we could start to enjoy our vacation, but the front desk person said we would have to be in the room when they moved us..so..they we were yet again, at 1pm on the 3rd day moving our room
* Day 5..last day of our vacation, I decided to take a jetted tub bath. As I was sitting in the tub running water, I noticed something blk with wings coming out of the filter! There was a myriad of what appeared to be dead mosquitoes pouring out of the filter! I contacted the front desk and they offered me a breakfast sandwich! When the maintenance person came, he took pictures as well. A second maintenance person came and stated that," Oh it looks like someone did not wash off and I think it only seaweed." That is when I exclaimed," Does seaweed have wings?? Does seaweed have wings??" They did take another $100 off after I raised sand with the front desk.
Whew...too much work for a vacation...we are gold members and usually love to stay at Starwood resorts, but this did not live up to our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai