Got a great deal for 6d/5n for $798 (with 6d car rental included) through SPG as part of previewing their time share opportunity at this location. We stayed in a studio. At check-in, they tried to up-charge us to a one bedroom, but we declined as there are just 2 of us, and a studio is like a hotel room with a kitchenette. As this was a Westin, was expecting their Heavenly Beds and Shower - there were neither. Next, only 2 pool areas, both on the small side. There is supposedly servers to bring you food and drinks from the bar/grill, but never saw them unless you were sitting close to the bar. No music flowing through the property - this is a resort after all.
When went to the timeshare presentation, and brought up all of these points, the answers were as follows. "Oh, you must have gotten a handicapped room". Ok, wow, let's think about that answer - it's on the second floor, and there was no way a wheelchair could have maneuvered in that studio. And, no handrails of any sort in the room/bathroom. Total lie.
When questioned about the servers - "They are supposed to attend all of the pools. Someone must have been out sick." They were out sick for 5 days??? I don't believe that was the answer, as there were 2-3 servers every day, hanging out at the bar/grill only. So really, your servers are lazy. Isn't this where most resorts make their money - on fancy mai tais for vacationers for $12 a pop?? Curious.
"We have music playing throughout the property, the volume must be really low." Umm, have you walked around and listened yourself? I guess you are calling me deaf.
Price wise, this was a great deal, but won't be back due to the subpar standards of a resort with the Westin name attached to it. Frankly, if I were Westin, I wouldn't have my name attached to this resort. This really shouldn't be called a resort in any way shape or form. It's really just a 7 timeshare buildings and a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai