The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
$697
$675
$299
$199
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
Official Website
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$199
$273
$249
GardenInn.com
2,079 results
All reviewsnanea restaurantstudio villastarbucks coffeeheavenly bednorth shorest regisgolf coursewasher dryervacation ownershipquiet poolfull size fridgesister propertyfree shuttlemain poolregis beachkids poolanini beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was just average. We had a "studio" with a tiny kitchen. The oven was supposed to be a combination conventional and microwave but the conventional features didn't work so it was of limited use... Microwaved pizza is yuck. The cooktop was convection and hard to use safely in such a tiny space. I would not choose this place if you really want to put meals together. The resort is on the water but unless you have one of the few suites that face the ocean, you cannot see the water. One if the pools is "cliffside" but it is difficult to set up the lounge chairs to get a view of the water. Too many obstructions, like the barbecue grills. We took the shuttle to the St Regis where you can use the beach but the beach was very small. Unlike some of the other reviewers I found the staff friendly and helpful throughout the week we were here. This part of Kauai is gorgeous but when I come back, I will stay in a different part of the island where there is more to do.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights just before Christmas and enjoyed the facilities that this has to offer. The location is not beach side but they do have a bus service to the Princeville Regis hotel where you can use the beach. We enjoyed the happy hour at the poolside bar and their pupus, which served as dinner one night.
The room is pretty standard and we loved the full size fridge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneH222
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and walked right up to the check-in desk. We had reserved a studio room, but were offered a one bedroom unit for an increased room rate, which we chose to do since we had wanted a quiet room with a private lanai. Our room was in building six and had a view of the golf course and parking area. There didn't seem to be any rooms with a spectacular view that we could see.

I would have loved to feel more of the ambiance that you usually feel in Hawaii, but it was almost non-existent at this resort. We got the feeling that every body that walks into the lobby was seen as a pocket full of money to exploit. They offered a $10 credit for each day we didn't have our room cleaned but you could only use the credit in the restaurant, which would have cost considerably more than the $10 credit. As I said before, they offered the upgrade, for a price, not as a perk of being an SPG member. They insist on "valet" parking but where our building was, it didn't make sense to use it, so we had to pay for it even though it was useless. There were not enough parking spaces for guests. Every day you're roaming around for a parking spot that is a considerable distance away from most rooms.

The grounds are kept clean. The room was spacious with a large bathroom, kitchen, nice sized lanai, washer and dryer. We weren't traveling with children, but the room size and amenities would be ideal if you were on a family vacation.

Bottom line, would we stay here again? Probably not. Next time we'll probably choose a place closer to Poipu.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCRR
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this place because it's much less busy than the resorts in the south. If you visit Kauai in the summer, the North side is much more picturesque. Our unit had a full kitchen albeit small and the property also had 10-12 BBQ grills located throughout the property. It's close to the Foodland grocery store so it's absolutely possible to cook the whole time here. The pools are great and this place was never really busy. Our kids enjoyed the pools although it was slightly cool but not an issue. We loved the kauai chickens roaming the property. In addition, we bought some great lotion and jewelry from the local vendors. There are also plenty of activities like a Hula dance school. All in all I highly recommend for family. In addition there's a shuttle bus to the sister hotel , the St. Regis which has the awesome beach. We never got pressure to listen to a time share pitch.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ilovegoogle
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We arrived on Kauai on NYE and and headed to Princeville for a few days stay. I did not experience any service issues as mentioned in other reviews. At check in the lady was very helpful and helped organise the 3 rooms for my family to be all on the same floor and close to each other. The concierge helped organise trips and gave us a map with all the details for the shuttle which took is to the St Regis for the day to spend by the beach.

The property has lots of pools and spas and great activities that we enjoyed when we were there. Even getting up for the morning aqua aerobics session and zumba session was great on the grounds.

My room was beautiful in block 3 with plenty of room, a sofa and small kitchenette and great view of the water. I found the on site shop very expensive for daily items which sometimes you need to expect when on the smaller islands away from it all. We shopped at the supermarket and made lunches in the room to reduce the cost a bit.

My only tiny criticism would be the roosters would wake me up very early every morning which I did not like considering I was on holidays but for anyone who has been to Hawaii knows there are chickens everywhere!

I recommend taking the shuttle and having breakfast at the Princeville St Regis at least once in your stay. The view was breathtaking and very worth the price tag for the buffet breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family