The Westin Villa resorts are great venues for family and couple stays. While the Princeville area is on a cliff and generally does not have beach access, the grounds and numerous pools make The Westin Ocean Resort Villas a relaxing spot for down time. For beach fixes, a shuttle will take you to the sister St. Regis where your Westin stay give you access to their beach and restaurants.
The grounds are well designed around the numerous pools. With an open tropical feel, the grounds pay proper homage to Kauai’s nickname of the Garden Isle. The grounds are constantly being maintained. While we were there, they were hand weeding the grass. (no walking through herbicides here)
The one bedroom villa we stayed in was very spacious and having a pool steps away from our lanai (we were on a ground floor unit) made us feel at home. The Westin beds are very comfortable and the quiet surroundings allowed us a rare opportunity to sleep in. Furniture in the unit complement the property’s tropical theme.
While there is a shuttle service to the local shopping center and St Regis, we found the shopping center an easy walk away. The center at the entrance to the Princeville area offers a Foodland to stock up on prepared food (including a full poki counter!) and an assortment of local produce and fish. If you are a wine lover, visit the wine shop in the center for an assortment of wines to meet almost every budget.
The unit kitchen features a cook top, microwave, dishwasher and cooking equipment. Outdoor grills are also available if you want to grill fresh fish or steaks. The resort features the Nanea Restaurant, which we found better than the Makana Terrace at the St. Regis. The onsite market also has prepared food if you do not feel like going to the shopping center.
Beaches are a short drive away, as are the restaurants and shops in Hanalei and Kilauea. If what you are looking for is a quiet, relaxing base for your exploration of the Garden Isle, The Westin Ocean Resort Villas will meet your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire, Starwood and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai