“Even BETTER than last time!!”

Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
GreenLeadersGold level
Palo Alto, CA
“Even BETTER than last time!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We just got back from the Westin Princeville 3 days ago and I'm so missing everything about it!! First time we stayed there was September, 2010, we had a studio unit which was like a 5 star hotel room with a small kitchen and laundry. This time we had the premium one bedroom with full kitchen, dining room table, HUGE beautiful bathroom and incredibly comfortable bed. This is now our favorite property to stay at on Kauai (and we've stayed at the Hyatt, 3 different Marriotts , the Point at Poipu, Sheraton, Kiahuna Plantation, and even the St. Regis). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all those other properties too (how could I not, it's Kauai!) but, the Westin gets my vote for best.

The check in process was quick and easy. The staff is very friendly. The lobby is beautiful in an understated way. And everything is spotlessly clean. The room, as stated above, was absolutely wonderful. We were in building 3 this time, 3rd floor, with a distant view of the lighthouse on one side and the mountains on the other. We had plenty of towels and bathroom products and we had the room freshened up once during our one week stay. There are 3 or 4 pools, one main pool (which also has a kiddie pool) and a jacuzzi and then 2 other smaller pools (behind building 7 and building 3) and 2 jacuzzis. The pool behind building 7 is my favorite of the smaller pools because it's an infinity pool and has absolutely breathtaking ocean and sunset views. You must experience this at least once. Just trust me.

The Westin amenities/coffee/food store is well stocked for a store that is relatively small. Great place to go for your morning Starbucks (the nearest Starbucks is a 30 minute drive) and a fresh pastry or fresh fruit.

Check out was also smooth and easy. My better half went for a spa treatment at the St. Regis a couple days earlier but did not eat at a restaurant...however, it appeared on our bill at check out which we noticed in the drive back to the airport. We called the Westin and within 20 minutes they had it resolved and removed from the bill.

So, I'll leave you with this. I love Kauai and it wouldn't matter where I stayed if I were on that island...yet...if you also like a 5 star experience in your paradise...this is the place for you!!

Room Tip: Building 3 and Building 7 are my favorites and both have great views (no parking lot exposure).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rick94301

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Korean first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Westin. Beautiful views from our room, helpful staff, and excellent food in the restaurant. Everywhere was very clean and our room had all the equipment that we needed.
The restaurants are expensive but unknown to us when we booked the trip we had a hotel deal that included free breakfast and $100 to spend at the resort!
There was one walk, I discovered, from the resort down to the sea which started with a sign warning you the path was steep and dangerous. It was steep and slippery but anyone used to walking rough paths would cope with it quite easily. The path followed a stream with lovely little waterfalls through trees and shrubs to a beautiful beach. I went very early in the morning and was the only person down there except for someone asleep in a hammock strung between two palm trees.
There are shops a short drive from the resort and a kiosk selling some of the best ice cream we had during our trip to Hawaii.
The Westin is a great place to stay while visiting on Kauai.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kayak22
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I visited with the wife and my two kids. Service was very good and staff was attentive to every detail. It was nice to be able to use their BBQ grills, and we used them often. The room had a washer/dryer which was a great help. My son enjoyed both the adult and kiddie pool. There is a nice beach down the hill from the property, although the trip back up can be difficult if you don't have good shoes or are not in good shape. Our room was very nice and clean. The beds are absolutely comfortable and the spa tub is excellent as well. Props to Darrell and Clifford for their service and tips. You guys are awesome! Would definitely return when I am on Kauai. Don't worry about the roosters crowing, you are on Kauai! Enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard R
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is perfect if youre looking for an area where there's not a lot of kids and not too much to do. Overlooking the ocean, the resort is beautiful and peaceful. Being a teenger, I found there wasnt much I could do other than stay on the resort, seeing that other places weren't in walking distance. Nevertheless still had a great time and we have a timeshare here and I definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina G
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My mom and I stayed in a studio with two beds and a small kitchenette during July 2011 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. All of the facilities at the resort/ hotel are very nice, including a number of pools, spas, lounging area, gardens, tiki torches, outdoor BBQ areas, Restaurant/ Bar, etc.

Using our Kitchenette and the awesome BBQs provided at the Westin, we cooked a number of delicious meals and ate outside in the warm tropical air. The exercise room was small, but had a good enough selection and a gorgeous view out over the property and the ocean.

I really like the location, but it does require a car in order to get around, see Hanalei, explore etc. If you're looking for beach-front hotel, this is probably not your place. It has a tiny private beach about a 10 minute hike down from the property, but it's not a lounge/ lay out all day kind of beach. Though, the beach by the St. Regis is available and is AWESOME.

I think the Westin is perfect for people who want beauty, relaxation, good location, and a mellow Hawaiian vibe. If you want to be waited on hand and foot, go elsewhere. People won't give you drink service at the pool, nor will they look over your shoulder as you use the BBQs and pools, but if you seek help or service, it is there. I love that the Westin gave me my space, and let me feel free and at ease for the duration of my stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mgk13
Hawaii
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were only here for a holiday weekend (three nights), but the fact that we felt so relaxed and rejuvenated in that seemingly short amount of time is testament to the wonderful environment at the Westin. This was our first visit to the Westin. Our check-in was smooth thanks to the professionalism of Andrea, the Westin person at the desk. We had arrived several hours before check-in, so our room was not yet ready, but she did her best to get us a place as soon as she could. We were on the first floor of Building 2. It did not have an ocean view, but it was close to the main pool area and afforded easy access to the pool area in between Buildings 2 and 3. Plus, anything on the property is within easy walking distance. Just a short and pleasant stroll through beautifully manicured and landscaped spaces, and you can see the ocean. Another plus was the kitchen. We had stayed at the St. Regis last year, and that's a beauitful hotel, too, but I appreciated the conveniences of the Westin Resort Villa, including having a full-kitchen (full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, stove, no oven (but that's okay) and a washer and dryer, two flat-screen tvs with a DVD player and BOSE sound system. The bathroom was generously-sized with a good size dual shower head. The room was also cleaned daily. And, as nice as this room was, it was still great to leave the room and enjoy the property. There were a lot of grill areas, some offering fantastic views of the water. I kept thinking how lucky and wonderful that is to cook a meal on the grills and then bring everyone in your group together to enjoy it on the tables, overlooking the water area. So relaxing! We went into every pool. The one that afforded the best ocean views was near Building 6. We also watched the sunset from this area. I told the hubby that if we ever visit Princeville again, I would love to stay at the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas. We never made it to the on-site formal dining restaurant because there was a Foodland just a few minutes away, so we purchased our meals there and ate them in our nice room. Sunday Brunch was offered, but it was over $30, so we skipped it to dine inside. The on-site Princeville Market is well-stocked, and you can even buy meat and other ingredients to cook if you didn't want to drive the short distance to Foodland. The lunch served at the Princeille Market is very good. We shared a huge pizza for $22, and I liked their sandwiches ($8). All in all, a great property to stay at to enjoy and just relax!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aloha056
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Westin rooms really good whirlpool and shower great , service poor nothing at all for honeymoon not even acknowledged, not much around complex one restaurant, but worst of all was the green card scheme if you opted to not have your room cleaned you got a 10dollar voucher, despite arranging it on check in, I had to chase it every day, the days room was suppose to get cleaned nothing maybe a voucher and days when suppose to get a voucher nothing, if ur going to run something like that do it well or it just annoys people

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,243 reviews
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Hanalei Bay Resort
#2 of 4 in Princeville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,714 reviews

Been to Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas? Share your experiences!