We just got back from the Westin Princeville 3 days ago and I'm so missing everything about it!! First time we stayed there was September, 2010, we had a studio unit which was like a 5 star hotel room with a small kitchen and laundry. This time we had the premium one bedroom with full kitchen, dining room table, HUGE beautiful bathroom and incredibly comfortable bed. This is now our favorite property to stay at on Kauai (and we've stayed at the Hyatt, 3 different Marriotts , the Point at Poipu, Sheraton, Kiahuna Plantation, and even the St. Regis). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all those other properties too (how could I not, it's Kauai!) but, the Westin gets my vote for best.
The check in process was quick and easy. The staff is very friendly. The lobby is beautiful in an understated way. And everything is spotlessly clean. The room, as stated above, was absolutely wonderful. We were in building 3 this time, 3rd floor, with a distant view of the lighthouse on one side and the mountains on the other. We had plenty of towels and bathroom products and we had the room freshened up once during our one week stay. There are 3 or 4 pools, one main pool (which also has a kiddie pool) and a jacuzzi and then 2 other smaller pools (behind building 7 and building 3) and 2 jacuzzis. The pool behind building 7 is my favorite of the smaller pools because it's an infinity pool and has absolutely breathtaking ocean and sunset views. You must experience this at least once. Just trust me.
The Westin amenities/coffee/food store is well stocked for a store that is relatively small. Great place to go for your morning Starbucks (the nearest Starbucks is a 30 minute drive) and a fresh pastry or fresh fruit.
Check out was also smooth and easy. My better half went for a spa treatment at the St. Regis a couple days earlier but did not eat at a restaurant...however, it appeared on our bill at check out which we noticed in the drive back to the airport. We called the Westin and within 20 minutes they had it resolved and removed from the bill.
So, I'll leave you with this. I love Kauai and it wouldn't matter where I stayed if I were on that island...yet...if you also like a 5 star experience in your paradise...this is the place for you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Vacatia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai