“Good Lunch, Okay Dinner”
Review of CJ's Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

CJ's Steak & Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Citrus Heights, California
“Good Lunch, Okay Dinner”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We visited CJ's twice. First time was for lunch, and the fresh ono sandwiches were excellent. A week later we were in Princeville and I suggested that we give them another try for dinner. We were seated on their outdoor deck, on seat cushions that were really dirty, unfortunately. Their menu entrees were pretty much all $29.00 and up. My wife had the Mahi Mahi while I ordered Seared Ahi tuna. They must have been pretty busy, because we waited for quite awhile after our salad bar trip - and the salad selections were quite good. Our seafood was good, not great. I would go back again, should we find ourselves in Kauai's North Shore.

Calgary
“Excellent food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We enjoyed our meal at CJs. The salad bar was excellent with lots of fresh choices. The catch of the day was good value and well prepared. The food experience was good but the service was sort of lackadaisical and disappointing. They certainly did not make you feel special in any way. They were just providing what was necessary. You expect more in a resort location. We stuck with the fish choices are were not disappointed in the flavours.

Sugar Land, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Way overpriced but good service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Sorry to but the salad bar was the best thing here. With a limited number of days on a vacation your choices for eating are critical. I would skip this place unless you are in a real bind. I ordered the steak and catch of the day, ahi tuna, and ordered both medium rare. The fish, great portion, came out perfect but the steak was medium well at best. I could have sent the steak back but didn't want to mess with waiting. The steak had little flavor regardless so I had to improvise with a soy sauce/wasabi dip that I had with the tuna. All in all it was a $20 meal at best, even on HI, that charged almost $40. You are better served to go to several other great choices in Princeville or even drive a little further down to the quaint town of Hanalei.

1 Thank Tech D
Aloha, Oregon
“Best prime rib ever!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had found that many restaurants in Kauai with so so service. CJ's was the exception. It was like service back home. They were prompt and very friendly.

I had the Kings cut of Prime rib. I kid you not it was the best I have ever had to date. Cooked to perfection and all meat! not fatty like so many places. Came with salad bar and sweet roll which could be a meal in itself.

I was truly in heaven on Kauai and at CJ's!

Kapaa, Hawaii
“Musty tasting steaks”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here in the past, and have always referred people. Last night for our anniversary both my steak, and my husbands was musty tasting. My lobster was excellent. Place seems dirty. My water glass had lipstick on it. Market price for steak and lobster was $69, I felt that was a little steep for below average steak, and a place that lacks ambience.