“Very good salad bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of CJ's Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

CJ's Steak & Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Very good salad bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Salad bar was great. I had a nut encrusted fish which was excellent, it may have been the Ohno (can't remember). Service was OK, but it was obvious this older gentleman did not enjoy his job and did not want to be there. He didn't even introduce himself to us and we did not even know his name. We would definitely return, as all 5 of us enjoyed our meals.

• Visited September 2012

Elk Grove, California
“Dinner was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a Mai Tai and the server asked me if I wanted their Special glass for $,75 but when she brought me just a plain glass. It really wasn't 't a big deal, but was just ok.

Visited November 2012
nyc
“Sometimes, you just want steak (or ribs)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

It reached the point during our vacation that we had to have a solid meal. This is a casual steakhouse with decent portions and no terribly high prices. I had the ribs, which were actually excellent and satisfying. Others had two different custs of sirloin steak and nothing was left on the plate at the end of the meal. Open salad bar and bread. if you need a steak, might as well be here.

Visited November 2012
Santa Clara, California
“Still only okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We decided to give this place a try after seeing some reviews which indicated some improvement. We would say the taste has stepped up, but we left the place unimpressed as before.
We came for early seating without a reservation and they initially placed us at an outside table with glaring sun. We asked for another table and they kept us at an outside table with less glaring sun. I had a feeling they wanted to keep us outside because they saw we had a 2.5-year old daughter.
Food and service is okay, the salad bar is not large, but they supposedly offer local ingredients, and fresh ingredients.
There is nothing that stands out a bad for this place, but it probably won't be on our regular list of restaurants to visit when we are in Kauai. It is worth your consideration mainly for its convenient location (if staying on the North Shore.)

Visited September 2012
Princeville, Hawaii
“Bad Service-No Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food my wife and I had at CJ's for lunch yesterday was good. Hamburger and fries were better than I expected. My concern is with the wait staff and the lack of on site management. As a restaurant owner I would be upset to learn that the staff was not asking for a drink order as soon as the customer was seated. We were given a pitcher of ice water and never once asked if we would like a drink. We also had to wait longer than appropriate for our order to be taken. The waitress seemed over worked as she never returned to check on us after the meal was served. One of the bus staff seemed to be unhappy about something and went out of her way to slam dishes around, making more noise than was necessary. She also got into an argument with someone and was cursing up a storm. If I was the owner/manager she would have been fired on the spot. Because service is everything I'm not sure that I would give this place a second chance.

• Visited November 2012