Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
$455
$399
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
$529
$199
Garden Island Inn Hotel(Lihue)
$185
$386
$309
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,951 results
All reviewslazy riversalt water lagoonilima terracepoipu wingtidepools restaurantstevenson's libraryour honeymoonadult poolbreakfast buffetpool areatide poolsfour seasonsshipwreck beachopen airself parkingsushibeautiful property
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We loved our stay at Hyatt Kauai. Walking into the airy and spacious foyer and seeing the gorgeous vista out to the blue ocean, you immediately feel that you are in paradise. Customer service throughout the resort was very good and we felt welcome and well looked after. We had a two room ocean suite, the kids slept on rollouts in the lounge. It was well equipped, very clean and serviced twice daily. The view was stunning. Although we didn’t take advantage of the resort and island orientation at 11am (each day) it was nice to be offered the opportunity to attend via a personal phone call.

We ate at the Italian restaurant (it was OK) and had breakfast in the main restaurant twice. First time we had a late breakfast after a helicopter flight and it was lovely to sit and look out to the ocean watching the swans and fish in the lagoon. Our waitress, Claire was especially great and my eggs benedict with a Hawaiian twist off the menu was excellent; husband and kids enjoyed the buffet. Second time it was peak period and very busy.

The resort has huge and gorgeous pool areas, a fun waterslide for children and well maintained gardens. We saw a Monk seal on the beach which was interesting.
Loved the fact we could come and go easily in our hire car with good parking.

Kauai is so beautiful, we spent a lot of time away from the resort exploring the island, diving, snorkelling, zip lining etc. There are a lot of really good eating options a 5 minute drive away, turn left as you exit the resort and follow the road along the coast. The Hyatt was a luxurious oasis to return to after our adventures. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JodieTravel01
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am sitting on the lanai right now enjoying a beautiful lush view of the gardens, which I must say is beautiful. It is not however what I booked. This is our actually fourth visit to this hotel and third time booking a grand clubdeluxe ocean view room. We love this property, and have never had a problem until this time. When we got to our room we could quite quickly see that it was not not an deluxe ocean view room, but rather a nice garden/even sightly partly ocean view room. My husband quickly asked the bell hop if this was a club ocean view room, and he said no its consider a partial ocean view. When we stated we had book a deluxe ocean view he question are we sure? I quickly pulled out our reservation, and showed him along with our club cards. He has us call the front desk, to talk to them. This is where the hotel dishonestly and deceit continues with us. While the person on the phone quickly offers us another room, it again is garden view room with no ocean view. All of this would be fine if that is what I pay, but to get the deluxe ocean view room we ending up paying an extra 3000 dollars for this week trip. We unfortunately had to go back to lobby to talk to the check in desk again. (Sorry to very nice bell hop) At the front desk, I let my husband handle it because I am quick to cry. The front desk person tries to say it our fault because maybe we did not book far in advance enough. When I show him that our reservation was made in December of last year, and that I had call three month in advance to make sure our room was ocean view he just said oh. The tears for me are beginning to come so I have to walk away. Not exactly what you want after traveling 6 hours to get to place you usually love. Finally at the desk they admitted that we were in a partial ocean view room, and that the hotel was book up with no ocean deluxe room available. It they had admitted that in the first place, and offer us apologize in the first place that would have been fine if they moved us to room later. It is not okay to try pass a room off as something it is not and hope we do not notice. I don't need the hotel to comp us dinner or anything just to be honest. They are going to move you us to hopefully an ocean view room today. While it is not ideal, I am hoping it is a true ocean view room. My concern is this something the hotel does often to other guests. I kept thinking what if this had been my first time on the property, I would have never know that the hotel was trying to trick us. I know a lot of people especially honeymooners save for months so they can booked a special deluxe ocean view room, and I hate to think this would happen to them without them even knowing it. While all the rooms at the Hyatt are typically nice, the deluxe ocean view rooms are amazing. I personally think you should at least get what you pay for in a view and honesty in the first place is important.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you pay for in the first place.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank joy970
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I don't have the words to describe the beauty of this hotel and its grounds! My husband and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon and started our trip by staying on the east side of the island. Once we got all of our tours out of the way we decided to finish our stay in Kauai with three nights in the Poipu area. We booked the Hyatt somewhat last minute and still got a decent deal. The service was great. The open air lounge area was stunning and a fantastic way to ease into the day. And the hammocks scattered around the grounds are so inviting!

The surf was a bit rough two out of the three days we were there, so we took full advantage of the Hyatt's expansive pools and salt water lagoons. One of the days we spent most of the day in or by the pool watching a surf competition. Truly relaxing. I would recommend springing for one of the private cabanas at least once during your stay.

Two items of caution to note: (1) The resort is huge, so be prepared for a bit of a trek from one end to the other. One of the cleaning crew showed us some scenic shortcuts by taking the outdoor pathways instead of walking through the maze of hotel hallways. (2) Leaving will be difficult. Seriously, this place is ridiculously gorgeous and hospitable. I was not ready to check out!

Room Tip: We went with an ocean view room on the second floor. Great decision! The picture I'm attaching to this review is our view from the room. Unbelievable!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We got upgraded to an oceanfront room, which was stunning. The hotel was gorgeous and the staff fantastic. Food was pretty good, but we went outside of the hotel for a lot of our meals. Saltwater pool was phenomenal. This isn't for you if you want lounge chairs right on the beach...they don't have them.
Secret trick: Outside valet will stock you up with water when going out on a day trip....grab some extra for the room.

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront not near an elevator....best sleep of my life.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt was beyond great. The entire staff was attentive & courteous. The grounds were very well manicured & maintained at all times..Pool areas were always clean and accessible because of the choices you had for the different water activities. A dream Vacation!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple