We stayed here for a week during our Honeymoon so were happy to splash out a little extra to make it special. Even though it was nearly 7 months ago I can still remember the outstanding first impression this hotel gave us!
The view from the lobby through to the sea is simply breath taking! After a lot of flying and arriving very hot and tired we were greeted with a friendly welcome and shown appreciation that we had come a long way (from the UK) and were on a very special holiday.
Our room was a Deluxe Ocean View - quite a walk away but well worth it, the view over the ocean was exactly what we had imagined in Hawaii. The large double basin bathroom was very nice and the huge bed plenty comfortable. We were also provided with a bottle of champagne on arrival in our room - a lovely touch.
Breakfast was very, very good! After a few days the staff knew our name and always greeted everyone with a smile. The view from breakfast was one of our favourite parts of each day and the food was great - nice selection to cater for every taste.
We ate at all the restaurants and they were lovely, if very expensive! But the service was excellent.
There were plenty of useful shops in the hotel, again a little pricey but very convenient.
The pool complex was brilliant. We used the Adult pool (a nice touch) mostly but loved the easy and fun access from here down through all the pools and lazy river and especially enjoyed the slides.
We like large hotels and enjoyed wandering the grounds in both the daytime and evenings.
The luau was very good, great all you can eat food and drinks included - the entertainment was excellent, definitely worth going.
We used the spa for a few treatments and found it to be very pleasant, the service was very good and the atmosphere exactly what you would expect of a 5 star hotel spa - but again expensive!
Lastly what a great location for exploring this magical island! Definitely hire a car and get out there to see as much as you can - we cannot recommend Kauai enough and the Grand Hyatt was a fantastic place to stay for our Honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu