We stayed here for 5 nights over New Year's Eve. The hotel is located on one of the driest parts of the island, which means you are essentially guaranteed perfect weather, regardless of the time of year. The hotel ground are beautiful and the beach and pool areas are spacious.
We had an ocean view room and found it clean and comfortable. The newly renovated bathrooms feel luxurious. Our room was in a building close to the pool; the gym/spa is about a 5 minute walk away. The gym is a good size for a large hotel, but could use newer equipment.
I liked that fitness classes were offered each day. I took the sunrise yoga class overlooking the beach and loved it (you can see water spouts from the whales during the winter months!). I didn't like the morning cardio sculpt class I took; the instructor had an abrasive style of interacting with the class.
For the most part, we were pleased with the service during our stay. William from Buffalo, NY took our bags to the room and was very helpful. He went above and beyond when he noticed we bought cereal at the Walmart near the airport and had room service send up bowls and spoons for us to use.
We had mixed reviews of the concierge desk. We emailed them in advance to make arrangements for our stay and they either didn't respond to the emails or weren't very helpful. I'm sure they were overwhelmed with the hotel running at full capacity during the holidays, but it was still disappointing. They did, however, help us plan a zip line/kayak/ hiking tour on New Years Day, which was very fun.
The sushi at the Stevenson's Library restaurant is excellent-among the best we've had. The food at Tidepools restaurant and breakfast at the Terrace restaurant were good. The food by the pool is decent.
We loved staying here. It was very relaxing to lay by the pool and there are so many activities to do in Kauai. We can't wait to return.
*I recommend booking any tours/excursions in advance over the holidays. We didn't realize how many activities would be sold out during our stay.
*I recommend Sun Kissed Kauai for spray tanning. They will come to your room to provide the service.
*I recommend stopping at the Walmart near the Lihue airport to get cereal, granola bars, sunscreen, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu