My wife and I are currently on our way back from a wonderful trip to Kauai to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt and didn't notice some of the negatives mentioned by other travelers. The resort is beautiful and really stands out from the other nearby resorts in Poipu. My wife and I like to stay at nice hotels, but we certainly are not high rollers. The Grand Hyatt proved to be a great spot to spend our first trip away from our baby. We spent 3 days hanging around the salt water lagoon which was very refreshing and the rest of our time exploring the island. A few observations and notes that may be helpful:
1) Kauai is much more of what I envisioned Hawaii to be like. I previously went on a trip to Oahu and Kauai has it beat, hands down.
2) All of the locals we encountered were very warm and friendly. My wife was sick most of our trip and everyone seemed to be genuinely concerned about her health. Even the local doctor was very helpful and took her without an appointment.
3) If you like to lie on the beach all day, then Kauai is your place. If you like adventure, the Kauai is your place. We like both.
4) Don't trust your Weather Channel app on your phone. We were scheduled for daylong rain for most of the trip and got nothing but sunshine for all but 2 days.
We sunbathed, hiked, surfed, shopped, explored via helicopter and relaxed all in one week. God willing, we will be back to this majestic island once again. Go for it......book your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu