We just returned from 9 nights at this resort (on hyatt points) and as someone who's spent over 300 nights in the past 2 years this is the probably the nicest hotel I've been able to stay in. The service is great, the best I've seen at a hyatt including the park hyatt i've stayed at. The pool and grounds are fantastic, the only drawback might be the beach is not fit for swimming, but they have a saltwater lagoon available.
We had dinner on my birthday at the tidepools and it was absolutely fantastic, don't miss that fabulous chocolate desert! As a Hyatt Diamond member we had access to the club lounge which had a fantastic breakfast and treats throughout the day, In the evening they had a great salad and some sort of finger food all of which were very good. As in a number of the Hyatt's I stay in, dinner is really not needed. We attended the luau, which because of Rain was indoors. Honestly, I've been to another one on the island which I thought was better but the food was great and if you wanted to lose your mind on maitais you certainly could. The show was good, but as I say I think the other one is better.
Our room was on the pool and it might have been nice to be on an upper floor but that's a trade off between convenience and the grander ocean view. One point I would make is that I thought the beds were a bit too soft, but that's perhaps a personal taste.
Overall, this hotel is great and I'm giving it an enthusiastic thumbs up! Booking again for 2015
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu