We returned to this hotel after 14 years. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel remained exactly as we had remembered it and that it wasn't rundown or showing signs of aging. The grounds are beautiful and the pool areas are amazing. The pool area offers you so many options. You can rent tubes (or bring your own) and float down the lazy river. There is pool volleyball and pool basketball if you want to be more active. There are also two decent sized hot tub areas. Our favorite area of the pool is the saltwater lagoon. We used our tubes there to float around and enjoy the scenery. Both times that we have stayed at this hotel, the ocean was way too rough to enjoy (red warning flags were out) so the pool area is quite important to us. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we never had any trouble finding chairs at the pool, which had been a problem for us at other hotels in Maui. The food/drink service around the pool was slow, but the food and drinks were really good. A few times I had to seek out a server so I could place an order.
The buffet breakfast was not as good as we remembered. There didn't seem to be as much variety and each day resembled the previous day. The option to eat breakfast at the Poipu Bay Golf Course was new and it was a nice option. It is not a buffet but there are several options and the food was excellent. We ate dinner at both Donderos and Tidepools. We loved the food, service and the décor/setting at Tidepools. Donderos had great food and service but the décor is quite dated and just didn't have a great vibe...a renovation would really revitalize this restaurant. We ate there on a Thurs evening at 7:30pm and there weren't that many people there. Stevenson's Library was our favorite place to hang out in the evening. Great décor, vibe, food/drinks and live music every night.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. We chose a garden-view room to help save money and we were happy.
The concierge was extremely helpful throughout our stay. We booked golf, zip-lining, cab service and dinner reservations through them. They also told us about a three mile hiking trail along the ocean that we would never have known about.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to others!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu