Where to even start -- we LOVED this place! We had debated between Koa Kea and here -- SO HAPPY this is the place we picked! Our room was great (oceanview), the pools were AMAZING (includig the saltwater lagoon), the grounds were FANTASTIC...the grounds were especially fantastic at night with the tiki torches! So romantic. It was great that the pools were open 24 hrs -- we were the only ones in the pools a few nights -- very romantic (especially the lazy river waterfalls). For being in our 50's and celebrating 35 yrs of marriage -- I must say we totally enjoyed the waterslide and lazy river!! The lobby courtyard is gorgeous, the Seaview Terrace is breathtaking, the service everywhere we went (whether valets, poolside waitresses, housekeeping -- you name it, they were great!), the food at tidepools was delicious....I really could go on and on. I just wish we were independently wealthy -- I'd go every year and bring the grandkids -- they were so jealous every time they "face timed" us and saw all the fun we were having! Thanks to everyone that wrote a review that hlped us choose this place -- if my review can help just 1 person make the same right decision, I'd be happy!
p/s ONLY bad notes: the pool areas get so darn hot on your feet -- please invest in some moremats! Also, we not only saw but hear multiple people that "snuck in" to use the Hyatt's pools that were ot guests -- some even with the "wink" of staff (pool waitstaff and the rental staff). Saturday 6/15 was especially bad with interlopers and made our time less enjoyable and more crowded. I paid to be there -- got to be a way to fix this issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu