The Grand Hyatt is just what a large resort hotel should be. What stood out was the high level of service and the pool area. The staff goes above and beyond without hesitation. The pool area was a varied landscape of tiered pools. Our family favorite was the man-made lagoon (a nice touch since the ocean front, while beautiful, is incredibly dangerous surf). Our 2nd room was nice. The first room assigned seemed dark and dingy and moving just next store made all the difference for some reason. We had a pool view room that provided a lovely view of the pools area and a side view of the ocean--really beyond our expectations for that level room. We are going again this September and reserved a deluxe ocean view and hope to be amazed.
The breakfast buffet is really amazing. It came as part of our package. This year it's not included so I'm not sure we'll bear the expense.
Tide Pools Restaurant was wonderful -- ambience, food and service -- all precise and flawless.
We traveled with our 2 year old and the koi fish feeding and parrot talk were very nice activities for him. The majority of guests seemed to be honeymooners and couples. Families less so.
A lot of people note the long walks to anything from the rooms. Except for those with difficulty walking, it was what we would expect for a resort of this size. But I agree that if the pool area is on your agenda several days, the wing on the pool side makes sense.
Overall, beautiful resort. Highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu