This is a great hotel for families with young children - and the services and staff were great. I actually normally do not use valet...but the $10/day charged extra was well worth it to have the car ready to go in the AM. They would also have towels and water ready for you! The valets were all very nice/helpful...we typically used 2x/day.
My older daughter also enjoyed the Hula lesson (youngest was napping) and we all enjoyed the various music and hula shows they have pretty much nightly. They do have Camp Hyatt (basically babysitting in "camp" type format) but we didn't use it. I did see it on my way to the spa and the layout seemed very nice.
The reason the hotel is great for kids is the pool and lagoon. My youngest LOVED the lagoon since it gave the feel of the beach without the waves and salt. We typically visited the pool late afternoon/early evening because we preferred to be at the real beaches in the AM.
The beds and pillows are COMFY! Really...this has been the best hotel I've slept at...ever. Seriously. The room layout is very nice and my daughter was impressed by the large bathroom area. The hotel is large so after reading reviews here I requested a room close to lobby that was quiet. (Our room was very quiet, and was on a corner so only one shared wall.)
Anara Spa - went here one day and used the spa for $30. (If you get a service the fee is waived, but the times available didn't work...and I really wanted to use steam room/sauna/etc.) The next time I had the Lilikoi Experience...and it was GREAT! Highly recommend splurging here for one of their "experience" treatments. 110 minutes of bliss. Got there early to use spa (sauna/steamroom/etc.) and then ended going back later in the day to get ready for dinner.
Tidepools restaurant - It is excellent, and the seating (right next to water where you can watch koi) is great. We had Thanksgiving here...as well as one other dinner. Very good food/service.
Ilima Terrace - I only went once for Brunch. I'm not much of a brunch person, but they had omelette station (not into), quite a few hot choices, fresh fruit, yogurts, granola, baked goods, smoked salmon, etc. They did not have carving of any meat (just mentioning because in the US that's normally there). I'm not much into eating out for breakfast so would have preferred to just eat cereal on our balcony enjoying the view every morning. =)
Finally - I loved the Poipu area and am glad we picked the hotel due to it's location. Our favorite beach (after visiting several West, East and North) was Poipu which was right down the road. That beach was great for snorkeling and had fish literally right when you walked in the water to your knees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu