This property has changed since we were there many years ago - for the better. We stayed on the top floor, in a "Grand Club King" room. The Grand Club lounge is located on the 3rd floor of the wing furthest away from the pool area. Staying in that wing is therefore quiet, but a long walk to the pools. It should be noted that that wing is actually unusual in that rooms on the third floor facing the ocean are actually on a ground level. You would have a small patio outside your sliding glass door and after that a lawn. That lawn extends for a short distance and then there is a drop off. Floors 1 and 2 are below. Therefore, in that wing there are two ground floors. If you would rather have a balcony, then avoid floors 1 and 3.
Concerning the price, I have to say that I was able to get a "special" rate and by prepaying it was "only" $409.00/night+ tax. The rack rate is over $650.00. The most annoying thing is that they add an additional mandatory "resort fee" on $25.00 + tax/night. I know that many hotels do this now, but I think it is nonsense. I would rather they were honest and say what the rate is and include the "resort benefits" as standard.
The resort fee allows access tot he fitness center; basic internet access [they actually have a "premium access" for file downloads, gaming and streaming video for an additional $7.50/24hrs.] self parking, 2 bottled waters, the coffee maker and the local newspaper.
As far as the Grand Club Lounge is concerned, it was worth it for us. Staff is very helpful. They have a limited continental breakfast, with one hot egg type dish, but it was sufficient for us. It also provided soft drinks and coffee during the day. In the evening, there are snacks and cocktails from 5pm to 7pm. There is a charge for beer, wine, and liquors, but it is at least half what is charged elsewhere on the property. Beer was $5, wine and cocktails were $6. There apparently is also desert later in the evening, but we never went back after dinner.
I would avoid rooms on the third floor next to the Club Lounge. The patio for those room are only separated by some plants from the Lounge patio. So those rooms have people outside your room, on the Club patio, for most of the day.
Our king room was large and elegantly decorated, with a very large bathroom with walk-in shower. There is a small in-room refrigerator, and an in-room safe large enough for two laptops. The grounds are impressively landscaped. There is an adult pool, and an activity type pool with water slide. The salt water pool has a sand beach. The golf course is basically right next door and the hotel provides a shuttle to the course and the course restaurant.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu