We spent four nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai as part of our honeymoon in August 2012.
It is one of the most beautiful resorts we had ever been to. Imagine yourself arriving in a open lobby facing the ocean, with birds and flowers (in the lobby itself!).
What we appreciated the most :
- the very special treatment we had as honeymooners, including an upgrade to a wonderful room facing the lagoon and the ocean, the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and the discounts for some of the hotel's restaurants
- the most fantastic lagoon and system of connecting pools we have ever seen
- the comfortable room (no noise, great bed, high quality bathroom amenities)
- the complimentary yoga classes and other activities at the spa / gym or elsewhere
- a very attentive service overall
- the ability to rent a car at the Avis stand in the hotel lobby
- the possibility of having breakfast late in the morning, unlike in any other Hawaiian hotel
The areas for improvement are :
- more personnel during peak checking in time (we had to wait 10 minutes)
- better control of the beach chairs (we had to walk around a lot to find two available beach chairs next to each other, as many people live their used towel on beds they do not use anymore)
- the restaurants inside the resort are expensive and it is difficult to access other restaurants within the Poipu area without a car
- there should be a shuttle service between Lihui airport and the resort (or resorts in Poipu), as not everybody wishes to rent a car
Overall, it was a very positive experience and we recommend it to any fellow travelers (families and couples).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu