“Three times in two weeks”
Review of Keoki's Paradise

Keoki's Paradise
Reserve with OpenTable
Keoki's Paradise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poipu Road
Transit: Kauai Bus stop about a 5-10 minute walk on Poipu Rd.
Reno, Nevada
“Three times in two weeks”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We love this place. Get there early to get a great table. Fish is always good. Try koa (sea) pupu for two - excellent. Ahi is very good. Always get a hula pie.

• Polish first
Seattle
“Surprising Atmosphere for the Location”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We walked in and were seated at an excellent 2-top right by the garden/water feature - reservation worked exactly as it should have (walk-ins were waiting). Both the manager and our server were very attentive and engaging. They anticipated our needs and made sure we were well taken care of.

Keoki's Paradise is very similar to Dukes or Kemo's - there is something to be said for consistency. We were looking forward to fresh fish prepared Kemo's/Keoki's style and were not dissapointed. The special that evening was also excellent - simmilar prep with wassabi.

This time we had Chocolate Mousse instead of the Hula Pie - both are outstanding

Keoki's is set in an outdoor mall parlking lot, boardered by road/street and lot; however, once inside there is no hint of street, road, mall or parking lot. The look, the feel, and the water feature is all Kauai. The live music adds to the vibe.

TS Restaurants has a successful model, and Keoki's is another win.

1 Thank PatrickEE
Hickory Creek, Texas
“Good Food, Family Friendly”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This is a true family friendly restaurant in a part of the island where many places are high end, dinner only, very adult eateries.

The Good:
- The food was excellent. I had a burger and my husband had fish and chips, both were perfect.
- The prices. It was one of the least expensive meals we ate on the island.

The Bad:
- Our service was awful. We sat forever without any drinks, and had to ask for refills everytime.
- The atmosphere here is a little cheesy -- the reviewer who called it a Hawaiian restaurant at Disney World hit it perfectly.

The Ugly:
- Parking. It's a small shopping center with several restaurants, we had to hunt for awhile in a very poorly designed lot.
- Your seat -- sometimes. It's an open air restaurant, and at the wrong time of day, some tables are in full sun. Ask for something in the shade.

Overall it's ok, with the exception of the service. I hope that our waitress was just having an off day, but from the looks of the surrounding tables, I don't think that was the issue. There were no major problems with our order, but the service was severely lacking and clearly not the top priority of the business.

Newark, Delaware
“Very good with one negative”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Went stopped in twice while on Kauai. The first time was for happy hour. The fish tacos and fish and chips were all very good. Above average I would say. The calamari fingers were very good. I noticed where one reviewer had mentioned that they had brought them clam strips instead of the calamari fingers. They don't serve clam strips. I'd never had calamari fingers cut from steaks before either. They do kind of have a slight clam taste to them. Very fresh, ocean tasting. Nothing like the calamari rings you get on the mainland. A+++ in my book. Very nice selection of local beers. $85 for 5 adults. That includes Mai Tai's for the woman, and several beers each for the guys. Not bad.

My wife and I decide to go back alone for dinner. They had local prime rib on the menu. Kauai beef is the best in the world IMO. My wife ordered a burger and I ordered the slab of prime rib medium rare. My wife loved her burger. I've ordered prime rib before many times at many places and always received it the same way. Well done on the outer edges, to raw in the very center. This one came out cold and raw. It was pink on the outer edge and cold and raw just past the outer 1/4" and all the way into the center. I sent it back. It came back in less than 5 minutes, warm and raw like they threw it in the microwave. Close to pink/brown on the outer edge but raw and room temperature from that point on. Its a shame because the sides and salads were very good. I ate about 5-6 bites and pushed it aside. I figured I'd take it back to our house and cook it when we got home. Well, after I thought for a minute, why would I pay them $38.00 for a raw hunk of meat that I had to take home and cook for myself. The waitress was great. She took it off of our tab and offered to bring me something else instead. It must have been an off night or maybe the real cook was off sick. No way could they regularly get away with serving an expensive cut of meat any way but the customers way. I give the pace 4 stars plus except for the prime rib. We'd give them another try.

As a side note, I went to Costco's the next day and bought a nice prime rib for about $30.00. It was the local Kauai beef and it feed all of our group for dinner with enough left over for steak and eggs several mornings.

Lake Oswego
“Like a Kauai themed restaurant at Disneyland...”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This is one of those places that you will either love or hate. It's located in a upscale, small shopping center, with bad parking but free valet on weekends, and several restaurants from Roy's to Puka Dog.

It's reminds me of Dukes in that it's over the top Hawaiian and they sell shirts. Once inside there is a nice open air feel with huge uplite trees and a large pond creating a very cool, tropical, swiss family Robinson kind of feel. It has a nice big bar area which is pretty happening for Kauai standards. The dimmed lights are a nice change. For some reason most restaurants in Kauai are way to bright!

They have a pretty good wine list and the food ranges from okay to really good. I would stick with the fish/seafood. The service is friendly and although they say reservations recommended, it's a pretty big place and usually you can sneak right in.

• Visited January 2011

Been to Keoki's Paradise? Share your experiences!