“Great Spot”
Review of Keoki's Paradise

Keoki's Paradise
Reserve with OpenTable
Keoki's Paradise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poipu Road
Transit: Kauai Bus stop about a 5-10 minute walk on Poipu Rd.
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My wife and I ate here during our honeymoon. The food was great, and the service was outstanding. We had the best service here out of any place during our honeymoon. Obviously, this is waiter dependent. The prices were very reasonable. We had appetizers, main course, and a bottle of wine for about $100. You can't beat it, and this place is highly recommended.

5  Thank krazykat6
Write a ReviewReviews (4,321)

Reviewed May 31, 2007

This was our third time to dine at Keoki's.

Like they say, the third time is a charm.

The kids at the front who are in charge of the seating are rude, and act as if they could care less if you were there.

The service was marginal, not at all what you would expect from any restaurant that did not have a drive through.

The food was also marginal, the fresh ONO was like shoe leather. Even the cats wouldn't eat the leftovers.

The place was loud, full of sreaming kids, and hot.

We had to beg the waiter to order, and track him down to get more rolls, it was like a military exercise.

So for what you pay here, for just a little more you can go to the Beach House or Roy's, both of which we enjoyed tremendously.

So, next May when we are back in Poipu, we won't be going here again.

3  Thank pblancha
Reviewed May 22, 2007

Let me start by saying that I tend to see the positive in every experience - but I couldn't find ANYTHING good about Keoki's!

We made 7:45 reservations but were not seated until 8:30 - during our wait were told "you're third on the list" at least 3 times. We heard the hostess tell everyone else the same thing.

We thought we were lucky when we were seated at a big booth, until we found out it was adjacent to the kitchen. We couldn't carry on a conversation over the pots and pans being banged around on the other side of the thin wall.

There were four in our party and we all ordered drinks - the server only brought three, stating that my glass of wine was the last - so my husband who ordered the same wine had to wait! Of course, since it was the end of the bottle, my glass of wine was short.

We tried to order from the vast selection on fresh fish - only to find that they were out of all but two! The waiter stated "oh, we just ran out of those about 30 minutes ago" which frustrated us to no end - considering they were 45 minutes late seating us!!!

The fish was overcooked and had no flavor. I ordered a vegetarian plate, which was steamed zucchini and squash with a cup of steamed rice - for which they charged $15.95!!! If I had ordered the side steamed veggies and a side of rice, it would have cost about $8 for the same thing!

I also observed something sooo disgusting - a waiter (not mine) was taking a soda to a neighboring table. He took a sip through the straw while walking to the table - then gave it to a customer!

Needless to say, this was the worst restaurant I believe I've EVER been to. It is pretty, but that can not make up for the horrible food and the complete disrespect for the customers.

I spoke with some other people staying at our condo complex, they all said the same thing. My recommendation: STAY AWAY!!!

4  Thank Tonsers
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Our party of seven ate here in March based on my recommendation. I had eaten here years ago and enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. When I received the fish that I ordered, it was very very overcooked, in fact the bottom was burned black. The waitress informed me that there was no more fish available, so I had to order something else. I did order a pasta dish that was edible but very mediocre for the price. By the time I received my dinner, everyone else had finished theirs. No one was impressed with the food...everyone was very disappointed. The waitress was very harried and short with us as well. Not a good experience.

2  Thank arvadatraveler
Reviewed April 27, 2007

We stayed at some condos down in Poipu and walked across the street to this fantastic restaurant. Our waiter was amazing and the fish was great. Our waiter sent us home with free dessert b/c we were on our honeymoon (which I imagine a lot of people were). The atmosphere was amazing and so gorgeous. I'd recommend this place to everyone staying on the south shore!

3  Thank flyeaa

Been to Keoki's Paradise? Share your experiences!