“Great prices for fresh fish, and superb cocktails”
Review of Keoki's Paradise

Keoki's Paradise
Reserve with OpenTable
Keoki's Paradise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poipu Road
Transit: Kauai Bus stop about a 5-10 minute walk on Poipu Rd.
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We ate at Keoki's several times on a recent trip to Kauai. It's a 5-10 minute walk from the Sheraton Kauai and they have a great early-bird dinner special from 4:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. for $20. You can add on a wine pairing for $10 more. The seafood linguini, swordfish, polenta, carrot muffins and sourdough were all delish, but my favorite was the monchong - not on the early-bird menu but worth it! The fish taco was good but not great. The hula pie was huge (even the early bird menu) and okay.

Service was good but rushed, so take your time despite it! The blended mai tais are really yummy as well.

1  Thank Kim V
Write a ReviewReviews (4,645)

Reviewed May 22, 2010

This was one of the better meals we ate on the island. My wife and I ate on the bar side of the restaurant where you can order off of either menu. Keoki's had live entertainment, we each ordered and the food was very tasty, i had the fish taco's my wife had a sampler and we finished the meal off with hula pie which was very good but only get one because it is very large.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

This is not a good restaurant. I was embarrassed to take my spouse here. Servers hyped up and sweating. Atmosphere OK, but on a main road. Food very average. This is part of the California Duke's chain

EAT ELSEWHERE.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

My husband and I ate here while we were on our honeymoon in Kauai & it was just one of our favorites!! It is extremely touristy- with the tiki torches, thatched roofing, open area, and even having local Hawaiian gig-band play music. Even the staff was all wearing Hawaiian printed outfits... In the end I think that's what we were looking for. We wanted to eat fresh local fish/food, drink the typical fruity frozen-alcoholic beverages, and eat in a "Hawaiian" atmosphere. And Keoki's delivered.

The food was excellent- I ordered the macadamia parmesan/herb crusted Monchong fish w/side of mashed potatoes & a cream sauce under the fish- which tasted delicious!! It was simply one of the best fish dishes I had in Hawaii. My husband had steak & he enjoyed it greatly...and we both shared a two person appetizer which was extremely tasty.

I do recommend making reservations before coming: the wait was out the door, but we were seated promptly and had one of the best seats in the restaurant. Also they had a lady selling lei's- they were beautiful (pink & yellow) and smelled wonderful!
Overall, Keoki's Paradise was a wonderful restaurant that I would definitely recommend to families and couples- for a yummy dinner in a great atmosphere!

Reviewed April 21, 2010

This place came recommended in local guide book we bought, and did not disappoint for the most part. Food was good, not very expensive, and they had some decent beer on tap. We ate lunch here 3 times and were pretty satisfied. Don't think I would drive very far to get a meal here, but it is a very good option for Poipu area.