“My favorite restaurant on Kauai” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa di Amici - CLOSED

Casa di Amici
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Koloa
Cross street: Hoone
Palm Coast, Florida
“My favorite restaurant on Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Everything on the menu is a creation of the chef. Don't expect the meal you had on your last visit to still be offered. Do expect every dish to be better then you expected it to be. Last year my favorite was a variation of jambalaya. This year my favorite was a variation of paella. The restaurant is a little hard to find and has no view but the staff are friendly and make the evening enjoyable.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Not your typical Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Casa di Amici is off on a residential side street from the ocean. Be sure you get directions or you might miss it. As for it being Italian, I say NO! That is not to say it is not a great place to eat. It is more of a hawaiian - asian - italian - fusion place. It defies a category. The owner will seat you, bring you drinks, and give a lengthy description of the menu and assorted specials. We had a fish special and their twist on paella. Both were excellent. Entree prices were mid to upper twenties. Definitely worth venturing to for a change of pace from the usual fish fare. Our cost with 2 glasses of wine, 2 dinners, 2 coffees and a shared desert came to $90 w tax before tip.

Bedford
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I dined at Casa di Amici last week. By far, it was the best dinner enjoyed on the island of Kauai. We shared a salad since all the portions were very generous. Service could have been a little better but it gave us time to enjoy the sunset over delicious food. Highly recommend pork saltimbocca and pistachio crusted salmon. Reasonably priced for the quality and presentation of the food.

Ketchikan
“My Favorite in Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

We chose this restaurant from their ad in Kauai dining and their ONO rating in Ultimate Guide of Kauai. I loved this restaurant. We are a family of 4 with 2 incredibly picky teenagers and this is the only restaurant I can remember that we went to and everyone loved their meal. I should clarify that the teens have good palettes and are not Kraft mac n cheese picky. We generally try and find 5 star restaurants or michelin star restaurants if we can.
I highly recommend and we'll make sure we visit every time we go to Kauai.

Poipu, Hawaii
“Bad choice for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I called to make 6 pm reservations just after 5 pm the same evening. Casa di Amici was wide-open on a night when most other Poipu restaraunts were booked. Our waiter was very eager describe their menu, and we began to look forward to a good evening of dining. However, I immediately discovered that my salmon portion was raw (cold and slimey) on the inside. Our waiter was not interested in talking about options, possibly because he was waiting on 4 other tables simultaneously. He took my plate back and we heard him ask the chef to "poach it for a few more minutes." Predictably, he brought the SAME piece of salmon back. I immediately made one cut and revealed more raw salmon. Again, he rushed to get away from me, promising me a new piece of fish. He never checked to see if my wife enjoyed her meal, which she didn't. The gorganzola chicken was extremely over-seasoned and rank. My plate returned with a new piece of fish laid on top of the same bed of pasta, with old raw pieces of salmon underneath. And then they charged us full-price for both entrees. I couldn't help but notice that two of the waitstaff were absolutely drenched in sweat. It was a horrible experience for us.

• 1 of 5 bubbles