“Food worth finding”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Koloa
Cross street: Hoone
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have been dining at Casa D'Amici for many years, so were curious about the new chef who recently took over. We were happy to see many of our favorites were still on the menu, and in the case of my husband's paella, prepared even better than before. It had more seafood, fresher flavors, and a generous portion. My veal piccata was lemony, light and full of salty capers. Loved our salad and dessert of Caramel Bread Pudding, too. Clean, low lighting, with relaxing music in the background. In a neighborhood, but so worth finding, just a few blocks before Brenneckes, off Pe'e Rd.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A friend in Seattle recommended and it did not disappoint. Our appetizer was Ahi tuna served crude style and the salad on top straight from the garden.

Our mains were the duck and veal gorgonzola! We loved it so much we are going back before we leave.

Trust me on this one.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I heard some great things about this restaurant, so we made a beeline for it as soon as our plane landed. As we walked in, we noticed the lovely and romantic ambiance. We decided to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink before dinner. Noah, was bartending for the evening and introduced me to my first pink French 75, which was quite delicious! We had a great time talking to Noah and learning about the restaurant's history and their new start. We ended up eating at the bar and sharing the calamari fritte and the chili verde risotto. Both tasted really good! For dessert we shared the baked Hawaii. Noah lit it on fire for us, and it was amazing!

We had a wonderful first night on Kauai and we owe it all to Casa di Amici! It was a great place begin our vacation.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We four went out to dinner at the lat moment and happened upon Casa di Amici. Good appetizers, excellent fish, and great mixed drinks. Prices were pretty good for Kauai. Wait staff very friendly. We dined on the porch, which was a nice setting.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

When we come to Kauai we stay at the Nihi Kai Villas directly across the street from the restaurant. Upon arrival we were promptly greeted and asked if we had the opportunity to taste the new chefs menu. We mentioned we had been to the island a year ago and we didn't as yet. We were there for our 37th anniversary and had made reservations before hand. After we were seated our waiter brought a handmade card thanking us for dining from the chef/owner who used to be the sous chef previously. When you go you have to try the paella! Some of the freshest ingredients I have ever tasted. Also the tomato salad just pops. While we were dining we overheard one of the other tables ask for a brandy Manhattan. A person came out and talked to the customer and asked if there were a particular type of brandy and would it be made just like a traditional rye or bourbon Manhattan. Later on, I asked our waiter who the person was that came out of the kitchen and was informed that was the new owner, Noah. I asked if he could come out and I complimented him on his menu and my paella and asked if he really could make great Manhattans. He invited me back for happy hour and told me he would make the first one for me and I could see for myself. A couple of days later we came back and had both the tomato and goat cheese small plates along with that Manhattan. It was fantastic. Since it was pouring rain, we stayed for another couple of drinks as we watched the rain. So when you go, say hello to Noah for me.