“Check it out if its on your way somewhere”
Review of Spouting Horn

and up
Kauai South Shore Sea Kayak Adventure
Ranked #12 of 32 things to do in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: Water forced through a lava tube produces hissing and a plume of spray.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We rode our bikes there in the evening during the sunset to check it out.
Its a small area, easily accessible. You can walk right up to the water or watch it from the safety of the walkway.

Interesting to see if its on your way. Water spoutes out of the lava beach with the tide. Best seen at high tide for maximum volume of spouting. Not advisable to get too close as it can be unpredictable.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,361)
All reviews
in 139 reviews
"short drive"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Make sure you pay attention to the surf report and tide chart. Best times to see this is at high tide with some surf coming in. Otherwise it will be very boring. Other than the spout there are retail booths at the park. BUYER BEWARE. All of these booths claim that most of they're products are made in Hawaii. They are telling you a flat out lie. Ask to see the made in USA stickers and you will get your true answer immediately. Tons of these products come from the Philippines, China or Vietnam. Don't be taken advantage of.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

South shore at Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii. This is my 2nd trip in the last 3 years and I love to see it again and again. I went in Oct 2013 and lucky to see the spout go as high as 20 feet with roaring sounds and take as many pictures on a weekend evening as trade winds set in. It was raining at frequent intervals and not much crowd Anxiously waiting when it would come and how high the spout will go and at the same time I should catch them best in my picture is a great enjoyment. Don't miss this.

I recommend this to all and its a must see.

1  Thank USValib
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were on our way to Allerton Park across the street and stopped. It was really fun to watch and see how high the spout would go as each wave came in. Also fun to see the local vendors.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to the "spouting horn" three times while we were on the garden island. It is a great spot to go spend a hour or two. There are great friendly vendors right there on the sidewalk to where you view the spouting horn. It is first class people and you can pick up little presents for your loved ones at home without spending a whole lot. I wasn't do lucky I ended up buying my wife two beautiful Niihau Lei Necklaces they are beautiful. She tired her hardest to pick out the one she like the most and just couldn't get there so I surprised her and bought both. She was so happy, it was right before sunset and WOW was that Beautiful. I don't know if there is a prettier place than the south side of Kauai. We had the time of our lives. So if you get to the south shore after driving through the tree tunnel you must stop and see this, wonderful place on earth. Take a lunch if you want they have a great place to sit and watch the waves roll in with that special person in your life!!! ENJOY

1  Thank Gosomewhereelse51642