“Enjoyable evening”

Plantation Gardens Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Plantation Gardens Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar is located in a beautifully restored plantation manor on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. Dating back to the 1930's, the estate once served as the plantation manager's home for Hawaii's first sugar plantation, the Koloa plantation. Later, the estate was acquired by the Moir Family who built the world famous gardens that surround the restaurant. Our menu reflects the heritage of old plantation Hawaii, which celebrates the abundance and beauty of the Hawaiian Islands. Our fresh fish is caught daily by local fishermen in waters off Kauai. We use organically grown vegetables and herbs picked fresh on nearby farms and from our own gardens. Guests may choose to dine on our lanai overlooking tranquil gardens, lily ponds and tropical foliage or in our exquisitely refurbished dining room which features gorgeous Brazilian cherry wood floors, woven bamboo tables and plantation ceiling fans.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We sat on the lanai for dinner just after sunset. The gardens looked beautiful. We started with the Shrimp roll which was very tasty. I had the Pork and my husband had the Pot Roast. I was surprised when the waiter Justin said they were the two most popular dishes with the local residents- a change from fish. Dinner was very good, cooked well and very tasty. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Given the location prices were reasonable too.

1  Thank mkb1234
There are newer reviews for Plantation Gardens Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ate here years ago, so I had to come back on another visit. Love the setting. As others have said. We ate outside which is a must. Our service (Justin) was excellent. Reminds you of Joey from Friends. The menu is very limited so I had the pot roast $26.95. Not something I would be ordering in Kauai. It was good, and I had leftovers to have another night in the condo. My wife had a pork dish for $27.95. Beers were $5 and chard wine was $6.75. Skip their ice cream dessert.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was one of my two favorite restaurants on Kauai years ago but I tonight I was embarrassed to have taken a friend there. Limited menu, overpriced and nothing special. Our $11 starter was 5 thin tomato slices with a few greens on top and a quarter size piece of fried cheese maybe. The service was very good and the gardens are spectacular but the decor inside is pathetic. Don't waste your money.

2  Thank iluv2dnc52
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came here our last night of vacation on the island and were hoping for a really special experience. Walking through the gardens ahead of time, we were amazed at all the beautiful orchids growing "wildly" throughout. It is a beautiful, romantic location although no view of the water. Our primary server was very friendly and helpful - she recommended delightful drinks and very good fish dishes (I had the local monchong fish). Their Caesar salad was also especially good. Unfortunately the evening was less than perfect by a large family group with many children who were running and screaming right off the porch where we were seated (outside seating a must otherwise!). That is probably something that couldn't be helped, but the other disappointment was our secondary server who brought us the food and drinks - she was extremely rude and pouty. Definitely having a bad night! Other than that, we would certainly give it another try as everything else was lovely.

1  Thank lwolff1
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The restaurant is set in the middle of a beautiful orchid garden and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The food was good as was the service.