“Okay Dinner in Beautiful Gardens”

Plantation Gardens Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Plantation Gardens Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar is located in a beautifully restored plantation manor on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. Dating back to the 1930's, the estate once served as the plantation manager's home for Hawaii's first sugar plantation, the Koloa plantation. Later, the estate was acquired by the Moir Family who built the world famous gardens that surround the restaurant. Our menu reflects the heritage of old plantation Hawaii, which celebrates the abundance and beauty of the Hawaiian Islands. Our fresh fish is caught daily by local fishermen in waters off Kauai. We use organically grown vegetables and herbs picked fresh on nearby farms and from our own gardens. Guests may choose to dine on our lanai overlooking tranquil gardens, lily ponds and tropical foliage or in our exquisitely refurbished dining room which features gorgeous Brazilian cherry wood floors, woven bamboo tables and plantation ceiling fans.
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Okay Dinner in Beautiful Gardens”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A group of us had dinner here one evening in mid September. We had a very long table inside. It was so long that really, I felt like I only had dinner with the three people in my immediate vicinity. It was a beautiful table, though. We share the sampler appetizer and all four items were very good. For dinner, my husband had the grilled fresh fish (mahi mahi) and I had the seafood lau lau with the gray snapper. The mahi mahi was good and the curry sauce was nice. However, my platter was so bland that I asked for a side of the curry sauce just to give it some actual taste. The shrimp and scallops were cooked nicely, but I though the fish was a bit too flaky.

We shared the cookies for dessert and I had the Snickerdoodle D light drink which was the best part! It really was a delicious drink. The restaurant is beautiful, I just wish the food was a little better. Our friends had the gray snapper sauteed and another had the trio platter which was a lot of food. Both said their meals were decent.

It was nice that we could take turns wandering through the gardens with our toddler once he was "done".

Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Lovely Restaurant & Very Good Food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We walked over to Plantation Gardens Restaurant through a beautiful garden. We ate outside on the veranda. The air is scented with flowers. It has such a romantic atmosphere. The food (we both had fish) was very good, cooked perfectly. The waiter was attentive and helpful at explaining how the dishes were prepared. If we are lucky enough to get back to Kauai we'd definitely go back.

chicago
“Romantic Gardens, Amazing Food”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant is a must. The food is amazing and the gardens are sooooo gorgeous & romantic. My husband had the Seafood Lau Lau and loved it. My fish of the day was terrific. The Baked Hawaiian dessert will leave you speechless and craving more!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great location, Great bartender, Great people!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Must try the PuPu sampler, it is the absolute best around. And the bartenders are amazing and put out the most fabulous drinks! I tried a Lichee Martini, it was fabulous. Our friends like the cosmos, and the hubby gets a very dry Tanqueray there. Enjoy!

San Francisco, California
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Food was very good and the ambiance is incredible! Sit outside and enjoy the beautiful grounds. Highly recommend the potroast and tomato salad.

Visited September 2013