“Not gourmet, but DELICIOUS!”
Review of Puka Dog

Puka Dog
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Koloa
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Veggie dog. Spicy garlic sauce. "May I sample the mango and pineapple relish?" "Of course!" says the sweet teenage girl behind the counter. Pineapple relish. Definitely pineapple. And that tasty Hawaiian mustard. Got an extra cup of it on the side so I could slather it all over the darn thing. And oh, oh, oh, that roll! When you bite into a piece that is extra toasted! Heaven!!!

It's an interesting take on the hot dog. Not so amazing that I would want to eat one everyday, but tasty enough to say its the best hotdog I've ever eaten. All the elements work together perfectly, and next time I'm on kauai, I will absolutely have another one!

Oh, and although you're really going for the food, the staff was great when we went!

Be prepared, we tried to go the day before but there was an extremely long line! Next day we snuck in with only a few people in front of us.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

You've gotta try a Puka Dog. I've never tasted anything quite like it! I had the polish dog, with original sauce, pineapple relish, and hawaiian mustard!! Yummy! And to top it off, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Don't miss this little gem in Poipu Shopping Village. One of a kind hot dog (sausage or vegetarian) with a variety of tropical fruit relishes. We go there on every visit to Kauai, now they take credit cards too. Kind of a long line at lunch time, but well worth the wait.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

LOVED this little hot dog stand! Great alternative to an expensive meal - these are actually polish sausage with a bakery style bun/wrap and more tropical toppings (I had mango relish!). They only serve dogs, lemonade, and Maui chips, but it was delicious.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

A nice little place to enjoy the unique Hawaiian take on the hot dog. Great bread and lots of interesting toppings are what make this dog so good. I liked it so much I came back for a second visit within a few days of my first visit. The place is plenty popular with the tourists and locals alike.