“Continuing to Crave Puka Dogs”
Review of Puka Dog

Puka Dog
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Koloa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our only regret is that we didn't buy the Lilikoi mustard to bring home the taste of these amazing hot dogs. I got one with medium spice and mustard and loved it. My husband got mild and banana relish and wished it had more flavor. This was one of our favorite meals during our entire vacation.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my first time having a puka dog. You can have polish hot dog or a vegetarian hot dog. You can chose mild, spicy or hot lemon garlic sauce then a relish: mango, papaya, banana, coconut, and star fruit. I chose a polish dog with mild lemon garlic sauce, mango relish and lilikoi mustard. It was good. The bun is fresh baked. It has a puka perfect for the hot dog. They must toast the inside of the puka because the center is a little crunchy. It was a neat tasty contrast the toasted center. I enjoyed the puka dog. All the flavors were surprisingly good together. One puka dog is very filling.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Two of us ordered 1 dog and split it for a snack. We got the pineapple salsa and the Hawaiian mustard on it. It was SO DELICIOUS. You have to get the mustard even if you don't like mustard (it isn't a normal French's mustard). I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area to stop and grab one of these dogs.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everyone seems to know where Puka Dog is on the island! I had a polish dog with spicy sauce, coconut relish & Hawaiian mustard. The salty from the dog combined with the sweetness of the relish was a great combination. He had a polish, spicy sauce, pineapple relish & Hawaiian mustard which was also outstanding. There's an art to eating the Puka Dog, which I didn't realize until I had my first four bites without relish... you have to gently squeeze the bun to move the relish from the bottom to the top. Otherwise all of the relish ends up on the bottom. The lemonade was freshly squeezed and excellent. There are very few tables inside, so be prepared to eat outside. Also, you may be a little sticky when you finish. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Puka Dog is not to be missed. The spicy sauce with pineapple relish and hawaiian mustard is a delightful combination.