“Kipu Zipline Safari”

Paddle Kauai Jungle Streams
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Poipu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Outfitters Kauai has been making vacations awesome since 1988! Offering you a wide range of activities, including HAWAII’S LONGEST ZIPLINE; Exciting Ocean and River Kayak Tours; Waimea Canyon Downhill Biking Tours; SUP Tours; along with hiking and swimming options for many of our guided adventures. Zipline Tours: On May 1, 2017, Outfitters Kauai launched their newest additions... the 3/4 mile long FlyLine Kauai Zipline, and the Kipu Ranch Visitor Welcome Center. The result is improved and reconfigured Zipline Tour packages, and a new, convenient check-in location. Each zipline tour is unique as our lines vary by size, skill-level, and terrain. Fly with us over lush valleys, tumbling waterfalls and forest canopies — landscapes made famous by movies like Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Indiana Jones. Kayak Tours: If you want to explore the secret beaches and hidden waterfalls of Kauai, Hawaii, look no further than our kayak tours. Outfitters Kauai offers both ocean and river kayaking. Each tour is unique and combines kayaking with additional activities like hiking, snorkeling, swimming, and wildlife viewing. See the famed Na Pali Cliffs, or take a Poipu Whale Watch tour (seasonal). Paddle-Boarding Tours: We invite you to take a standup paddle along a tranquil jungle stream, ringed by the majestic Hau’pu Mountains. The adventure starts with a quick SUP lesson, then you’ll be fitted with a paddle and board that is just the right fit. Outfitters Kauai provides paddlers with top-quality equipment, so you can paddle with ease and get the most out of your adventure. Downhill Bike Tours: Our bike tour takes you alongside what is called “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific” at 3,600 feet on the west side of Kauai. As you wind your way down this geological wonder, you will enjoy panoramic views of crested buttes, amazing waterfalls, rugged crags and deep valley gorges. From the main lookout point, there are dramatic views of Kauai’s lush interior and dazzling ocean coast. Think of this as a nature walk on two wheels, complete with refreshments and information about the culture, history and folklore of Kauai.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a great time on this kayak, hike, zipline, swimming adventure. Our kayak guide Corey told a great history of the Menehune and the river we were on. Then our hiking/zipline guides Corey and Bobby were very informative and helpful the entire adventure. We were able to try local berries on the hike. The swimming spots were great. I loved the rope swing and the zipline in to the water. It was seriously an amazing time. The lunch was good and filling and they provided plenty of water for the entire trip.

Outfitters-Kauai, Director of Sales at Outfitters Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Aloha Skclemens,

Kipu Zipline Safari really is "the best day ever". Mahalo for the excellent review. Corey and Bobby are great at what they do. Thank you for making us part of your vacation on Kauai. Hope we see you next time for another adventure.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

the ziplining trip was a lot of fun. We did plenty of different lines going from short to lot longer ones. You get to fly in tandem (2 lines next to each other) for a lot of them which makes it fun for couples or friends. You also get to fly above the canopy which is gorgeous. We ended the trip with a nice swim in a water hole with a jump platform and a zipline over the water.
Our guides were real nice and friendly

All in all, a great morning and highly recommended

Aloha EddieAdelaide,

Thank you for the high recommendation. Out Niu Niu Loa course is the best :) I hope you were the winner of the tandem races. Next time try our Kipu Zipline Safari tour. It is all the fun you had and a whole lot more.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

There were five of us in our group ages 15 to 61. We did the Hidden Valley Falls kayak tour. Craig was our tour guide and he managed to keep us entertained while not being too verbose. The kayaking was fun, even for first timers like us. We then walked through the forest where you could swing into a pool of water. A little further on, there were a couple of mini falls where a picnic lunch was provided. The entire trip took about 3 hours. Would definitely do a tour with this company again. I would recommend this tour if you've never kayaked before or have had little experience kayaking. The trail was not difficult, which was fine with me since I have to be careful with my hip. Thanks for a great time.

Outfitters-Kauai, Director of Sales at Outfitters Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Aloha Sondra,
Mahalo for the review. The scenery throughout Kipu Ranch is amazing. The hike to Hidden Falls is some of the most spectacular anywhere. Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was a great first time experience zip lining with Outfitters Kauai. The course were perfect for first time doing zip lining. it was perfect for half-day. Nicole and Craig were fun and awesome guides. They made sure we were safe and comfortable at the same time enjoying ourselves. I highly recommend using the same company when booking activities in Kauai.

1  Thank Christine H

Aloha Christine H,
Congratulations on your first time ziplining. Next time you will be ready for even more adventure. Safari or Downhill Bicycle could be in your future. Mahalo for choosing Outfitters Kauai.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We booked two tours with Outfitters Kauai...the first was a zip line tour. Loved it. Super fun, guides were great...we had a wonderful time. Our second tour was the sea kayak tour on the napali coast. They warned us that we needed to be physically fit, but they had the same warning for the zip line tour, so we thought we were fine. We were wrong. It was the most grueling physical experience I have ever had. I thought I was going to die. Seriously.

As context, we are two healthy, fit, 30-something women, and were traveling with friends who fit the same profile. On the trip, there were several other couples. The only people who did "well" on the trip (besides the people who were in boats with the two guides) were a male/female couple where the guy was a navy seal with massive upper body strength. Two women should not do this trip, nor should a male/female couple that doesn't have a super buff guy. The other two male/female couples on the tour really struggled, one couple didn't complain too much, but they were experienced river kayakers ( and they were on their honeymoon, so I think they were trying to make the best of it). The other couple (also on their their honeymoon, as I recall) got so seasick that they were barfing out the side of their boat. After 8 hours of straight paddling, we had to fight 15 ft waves to get back on shore. During the van ride back to poi pu, my muscles seized up and I cried and whimpered all the way back. I had to ice my arms and shoulders all night, just to be able to fall asleep. It was beautiful, for sure, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and would hate for someone else to have the same experience.

4  Thank anne76