“Pretty good”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Koloa
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Dondero’s, will satisfy your soul as well as your appetite. Combining elegant ambiance with stellar service makes this a dining favorite for those with discriminating taste. The menu features Italian classics with a fresh twist including a large selection of appetizers, homemade pastas, risotto, fresh fish and beef specialties. This delicious Italian cuisine is carefully paired with wines from all over the world. Delectable desserts and a cappuccino or port round out the repast.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Dondero's is located in the Grand Hyatt, which is a beautiful property. The food at this "Italian" restaurant is pretty good. The pasta was prepared al dente and the sauces were okay. I just wasn't blown away. The waiter seemed preoccupied and out of all the restaurants we dined in while visiting Hawaii, this one seemed to have less of the "Aloha" spirit. If I were staying at the Grand Hyatt, I would probably eat here, but I would not make a special trip to this property (like we did) to eat here.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Amazing food and great service. We were a bit worried at the beginning as we wondered how Italian food in Kauai would taste but do not hesitate a second, we were really amazed!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved our meal here. Both my husband and I ordered the lemon garlic shrimp pasta and it was terrific. The kids meals were okay. Service was wonderful and the outdoor dining location was very pretty.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We booked at this restaurant requesting an outside table. Unfortunately there was a storm coming through Hawaii Island group and while it only really affected Big Island and Maui it seemed the whole place went into lock down. All the doors to the lovely garden outside were all closed and the interior décor is not that great - typical hotel version of what an Italian restaurant might look like. The ambience was average but this would likely be quite different with the doors all open and the view over the garden / pools etc. could be enjoyed.
The food was OK . Italian but not adventurous / exciting.
Service was OK but unlike most of restaurants we ate at in recent visit to Kauai no buzz or friendliness , maybe the are trying to make it appear up market ?

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here last night, 8/4/14 with another couple. Our server Andrea was knowledgable about the menu and the area. I had the carbonara, it was salty. The grated Parmesan on top may have taken the meal over the edge of salty. My husband had the scampi, it was too lemony. The couple with us had the sirloin and the fresh catch, they weren't impressed. The meals were edible, pricey, but just ok. I enjoyed the gelato the most and my husband says the tiramisu was subtle, light and delicious. We would return for dessert and cocktails.