“Beautiful place!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful restaurant! It was a very romantic setting. We dinned with our two kids but they enjoyed as well. It's an open air place with candles everywhere on a little pond with fish. Put bug spray on before you go,there were a lot of Mosquitos because of the lack of trade winds. Aside from that, food was absolutely delicious, service was very attentive and gorgeous atmosphere. My 10 year old asked if we can dine there again! Just loved it!

There are newer reviews for Tidepools

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Friends had suggested that we try The Tidepools while on our 40th anniversary trip to Hawaii. This was one of the best suggestions ever! The restaurant is beautiful/romantic with koi ponds and tiki torches. The service was absolutely impeccable with Ronald being attentive and very helpful. The food was phenomenal, starting with lobster bisque which truly is the taste of the sea, and the poached pear salad. The Hawaiian Catch with fresh snapper, kona lobster, coconut crusted shrimp cake was wonderful. The Mahi Mahi was moist, flavorful, incredible. Portions are quite reasonable. The molten lava cake is obscenely wonderful! Unlike some other high end, but lesser restaurants, bread is served and there is a carbohydrate with meals. Kudos to the chef!!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a great family dinner. I had the special the night we were there, which was a small filet, two diver scallops and crusted mahi-mahi. I told the waiter they really could have left off the mahi-mahi. The scallops and steak were amazing but the mahi-mahi didn't add anything and was unnecessary. My daughter had the lobster bisque and crab cake appetizer for her dinner and they were amazing. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and the setting was gorgeous. I would definitely like to return.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Tidepools is an incredible blend of sophisticated beauty, a relaxing environment, great service and great food. There was nothing objectionable at all. It is expensive, be prepared for that. But all the good restaurants there are. It was a very special evening in very special surroundings. One you will remember fondly.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Tidepools. The restaurant is in a spectacular setting at the Grand Hyatt on a pond filled with giant koi. My fresh fish meal was delicious but my husband's fish was undercooked. The restaurant was lovely, the server very nice and attentive. Our meal with a bottle of wine was $130 plus tip. I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic night out. My husband wasn't as impressed.

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!