“Wow”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We decided to make a reservation at Tidepools on a whim. Are we ever glad we did!!! The ambiance of this restaurant is only outdone by the food! Everything was perfection. Loved watching the koi fish gliding past us as we ate.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tidepools – Restaurant with a beautiful setting at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. You have to make a reservation. Request to sit by the water (a corner table if they can). Great seafood! Overlooks big koi ponds. Romantic atmosphere. Dallas from the Bay Area was our waiter. He was very nice.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have had quite a number of meals this week in Hawaii. Some had great atmosphere, some had pretty good food, some had food that our kids could do a better job of.
Tidepools was awesome. Yes, it is up there in price, but no more than anywhere else.
We had two different steak dishes, and one fabulous Chicken dish that had the right balance of everything. The steaks were both brilliant. Just if you want rare, you need to really ask for rare.
The staff were humerous and good natured and very very good at their job.
I am a hard critique, but I must say this one was at the Top and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We dined here for dinner, and it was very enjoyable. The view is of the Hyatt Hotel grounds, with koi fish, swans and other birds all around. We would recommend it!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm a foodie so we eat out a LOT, especially on vacation. We went here to appease our young daughter who is fascinated with Koi fish and she was thrilled by the beautiful waterfall and fed the fish bits of her bread. The setting is quite gorgeous but honestly, for the money, go to Merriman's and sit at the rail to watch the stunning sunset. The food was good to very good but not worthy of the expense in my opinion. I wasn't as 'wowed' as I should have been. I had the Ono which was a bit dry. My hubby had the Monkfish which was very good. The most disappointing was the weak alcoholic bevvies. Average + meals for 3 of us.

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!