“Do the small plates”

Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I usually like Roy's but this time was different . Perhaps the waitstaff was a little surlier than usual, perhaps it was the very, small plate of shellfish I had for over $30. Or perhaps it was the wine prices that seem to continually rise here. Do go but do not order the entrees; go with several small plates instead. Make sure you include the ribs and the butterfish small plates and you will enjoy yourself

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We love the tastes of the dishes here, but the pocket book hates us. You pay top price and may still be hungry when you leave especially after spending the day in the water. Roy's is the greatest!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

great dining experience! the food was great and the service was spot on. they cater to kids bringing out (free) dishes prior to the adult food to ensure they don't get too bored.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

we recently returned from a vacation in kauai, where we stayed in poipu. we ended up eating at roy's 3 times during our 8 day stay. partly it was convenient: our timing was unpredictable, and we didn't need reservations to be seated immediately on the casual courtyard patio. and partly it was that the food was really quite good. i'd especially recommend the crab cake appetizer, my wife would recommend the roasted beet salad [i hate beets myself], and for entrees our favorites were the steamed mahi-mahi with soy-ginger sauce, and the sesame coated seared scallops over fettucine. the chocalate souffle with vanilla ice cream and some raspberry sauce makes a wonderful ending- we were quite happy with sharing one between us. the first night the mai tais were knock-your-socks-off terrific, on our other visits not quite at that same level but still quite good. [different bartenders?] the only downside: no water view; the only view is of a pair of enormous banyan trees which overhang the courtyard.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was my first visit to Roy's in Kauai, I have been to the Roy's in Maui several times prior to this visit. The food was good, at best, did not knock my socks off. My prior meals at Roy's in Maui were noticeably better than here in Kauai. So much so I would not return to the Roy's Poipu. Sorry bout that, but I need above average food from this level of dining.