“Roy's is always good!”

Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been to Roy's at other locations, but it was our first time at Poipu. Yet again, great service and consistently good food. The kids enjoyed their meals and I love how they bring the kids appetizers too! Enjoyed the cocktails as much as I enjoyed the meal. My husband really enjoyed the sushi and the scallops I had were great too!

Roy's is definitely worth a shot if you are in Southern Kauai!

1  Thank girlfromVA

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had both seafood and it was really delicious. For starter we had their speciality, Roy's Style Canoe for two. That was really excellent. We got 4 different small appetizer, one of them were the short ribs, so delicious. Dinner was excellent so that we went also to Roy's in Big Island, and again it was delicious.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We took the family here on our first night. Roy's is what I describe as Asian fusion. My meal was delicious. Mixed reviews from the crew on their meals, but overall it was good. Great service. Waiter was really nice and very attentive.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My boyfriend got the short rib dinner at Roy's and will still not stop talking about it almost a month later. He said it was one of the best meals he has ever had. The chocolate soufflé dessert and the complementary edamame were both very good as well!

Good for families, business, or couples. There was a mix of all three while we were there. If you call to make a reservation you can let them know if you are celebrating something as well.

To get to the point: Good service, good food, reasonable price.

1  Thank kt_ny24
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice in the last 18 months. Of all the restaurants we ate at 18 months ago, this was our favorite, and we tried a lot. So we were really looking forward to eating here again. We had a better table this time, end of the restaurant with all the windows and torches. I totally agree with other reviews that the main part of the restaurant is missing ambiance. Our waiter wasn't as good this time. He wasn't very helpful with the menu and rushed us. He brought us our salads with our dinner, a big no no in my book. He also took a long time delivering drinks. The food was tasty, but not worth the $40 a plate. The 2 sides with my steak were 2-3 kale leaves and a smear of mashed potatoes. I don't remember them being so stingy with the sides before? Or maybe they're trying to be fancier than they should be. We plan on coming to Kauai yearly and won't be going to Roy's again for awhile.

1  Thank FiveHawaiiLovers