“Fish and vegetarian - WOW”
Review of Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our first dinner stop...but only because we were exhausted and it was close. SURPIRSE...it was delicious. So impressed we went back for a second visit. Second verse, same as the first. One of the staff members remembered us almost a week later! Their sauces are incredible, fish always done to perfection and the hearts of palm entre...wonderful.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have been going to Roy's for a special treat for years. Recently, we celebrated birthdays and an anniversary there and it did not disappoint. Each person was delighted with their meal and Roy's added a special greeting. We tried several different things and each was delicious. It is so nice that year in and year out they maintain their reputation for very good food and friendly service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'd read so many good things about Roy's but was really disappointed with the food...service people were very friendly but the food was sub-par. This was in Poipu. That said, I also ate at the Tavern near Hanalei and the food there was very very good!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Roy's is famous all over Hawaii. Although it is a chain the restaurants in Hawaii are much better than on the mainland. I have at least three meals here whenever I saty in Poipu for a week.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was excellent. My wife had the tasting menu and I had the wine tasting menu. The flavors were wonderful and the portions perfect. My wine, once it arrived (I'll get to that shortly), was paired very well with the food. That brings up the first big problem... they forgot to bring the wine with the first course and I ordered the wine tasting menu. During the meal, the server tried to up-sell me on the souffle for an addition cost. My meal came with a different dessert but my wife's meal came with the souffle so we said no. Well, the server forgot to put in my wife's souffle order (and it takes 20 minutes to cook). So after I got my dessert and the server realized her mistake we waited and waited and waited for the souffle. It was good but not worth the long wait.

1  Thank Robert S