“Amazing everything”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Would recommend this place to anyone. Great service, food, and atmosphere. My waiter (Clyde ) is hilarious and the best waiter I've had in a very long time.

There are newer reviews for Beach House Restaurant

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We came to the beach house for some light food after a 12 he flight and it was great. Great view with good food and drinks. We will revisit.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked a late dinner at Beach House, having been told that the food and service were good and the views were breathtaking. We arrived early, in time for sunset, and secured two prime seats at the bar - highly recommend this, as I think the bar seats were actually better than any of the tables! My husband and I enjoyed a round of delicious drinks and a fabulous sunset, and were looking forward to a relaxing dinner of good food and service. Well...our wonderful date night took a bit of a turn after that first round of drinks.

We ordered calamari to enjoy with our drinks while watching the sunset. The first few pieces were ok - the rest were raw (about 1/3 of the dish). When we were finally able to flag down our server and let her know (longer than I would expect at a normal restaurant, but it was busy and sunset, so I wasn't too perturbed...), she offered to take the remaining part of the dish back and have it refired. No thanks - that usually just leads to overcooked food and would have taken a while. That was fine, really, we had a few pieces - no big deal. She came back a few minutes later and let us know that the manager was going to comp our dessert - which was fine, except would probably have been better if they had just removed the app from the bill, but whatever. Just before the sun set completely we were seated - perfect timing, there was just enough back lighting for a great picture. My husband asked our server for just a moment of his time...to which the server responded, I will be back in a few minutes, I have to get that table's dessert first. Um, ok? The sun wasn't really going to wait for that. He dashed off, no photo for us (and never bothered to ask about it again, btw). That put a bit of a damper on our meal, but whatever, these things happen. The food we ordered was ok. Not worth the prices, but we were paying for the view and the photo ops, right (ha - just kidding, no pix for us!). We ordered a bottle of wine and two fish dishes - clearly not that memorable, as I had no recollection two days later when I was making notes about our trip to write these reviews. The server was attentive for a few minutes and then would disappear for quite a long while. I was watching him with other tables - he was far more attentive than with us. By the time we finished our meals, my husband was just done with the place, and just wanted to order dessert quickly and get out of there. (Dessert was awesome - the carrot cake was the highlight of the meal!) After waiting for the server to come back so we could order, and then waiting for the cake, he finally brought the bill....which still had the dessert listed. My husband tried to flag the server down, and about 10 minutes later he finally came back. My husband explained that the server in the bar had stated the dessert would be comped and rather than take his word for it, the server asked who our server was in the bar, what exactly was stated, and then went off to find her - another 10 minutes passed before a corrected bill was set on the table. The time wasn't the issue - the fact that the server seemed to think we were lying about the comped dessert was just insulting. We promptly paid and got the heck out of there.

If you are looking for an amazing view of the glorious Kauai sunset, I would highly recommend grabbing a couple drinks and an app (ask that the calamari be cooked through!) at the bar and enjoy the view and then have a delicious dinner elsewhere.

NOTE: I had initially given this restaurant an 'average' rating, but after writing the review, I changed my rating to poor - drinks at the bar and out would be my reco.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Celebrated our anniversary there. Besides the wonderful setting, yummy drinks and great food we had the best service we've had anywhere. Brett made our special night perfect. The staff was very accommodating and moved our location to avoid us being blinded by the setting sun. They provided us with a complimentary dessert and an anniversary card signed by the entire staff. Nice touch.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the beach house for dinner while we were on our honeymoon. The location was spectacular!!!! My husband made the reservation for right before sunset and asked for a table so we could view it. Breathtaking!

The food was really good, but I was expecting it to be great, and our waiter, while very attentive, was the only one with tables in our area, so there were longer lapses in between seeing him.

All in all, it was a lovely night and we'd definitely visit again.

1  Thank Katie F