“An absolutely perfect evening... couldn't be better”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Columbus, Ohio
“An absolutely perfect evening... couldn't be better”
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We planned this dinner as our special 25th anniversary dinner, so we called and made a reservation for a special table in advance of our trip.

In summary, this was the best dining experience we have ever had. The weather and sunset was perfect. Our table was on the lower level and right in the middle of an opening for a totally unobstructed, awesome view.

We started the evening with a drink at the bar, and fairly quickly moved to our table. We had the Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahimahi and the Wasabi-crusted Snapper. Both were outstanding, but the snapper was unbelievable -- probably the best seafood dish I've ever had.

The Bananas Foster for desert was also the best. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

The service was top-notch. Ask for Jeffrey (there are two by that name, he is the one with the long hair). It was a delight to talk with him during the evening also.

All-in-all, I could not imagine a more perfect evening out for dinner in Kauai.

Tip: Arrive early and relax with a cocktail at the bar. Bring your sunglasses to dinner (seriously), as we wish we would have had them for the the first 45 minutes.

1 Thank clmbs_traveller

• Korean first
Park City, UT
“Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I was quite surprised that this restaurant did not rely on it's outstanding location and instead delivered top notch service, food and ambiance. Our waiters were there at every step without being overly aggressive or intrusive. The manager stopped by to check in with us and picked up on my diluted Australian accent quickly! The photographer on staff to take your photo at sunset was perfect and adding it on to your bill and ready to pick up as you leave extremely hassle-free. I can't say enough good things about this place, and I consider myself pretty picky!

Bow WA
“Great location, horrible service”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

My husband and I took a trip to Kauai to celebrate our 19th anniversary, and after reading reviews of the fabulous Beach House Restaurant, I made reservations for a sunset dinner there a good three weeks before our trip. I made sure to mention the occasion and to request the best available view. First, credit where credit is due: the view is drop dead gorgeous. You are so close to the waves as they come roaring onto shore you can feel their power. Floor to ceiling windows are thrown open to the ocean breeze, and you can almost reach out and touch the surfers working their magic just off the point. It was mesmerizing, and I was fully prepared for an unforgettable evening. Well, be careful what you ask for because it was unforgettable, but not in a good way. First we were shown to tiny table well away from the view, and then promptly forgotten. Eventually we did place our orders, and were served wine and appetizers, then we waited close to an hour with still no sign of our entrees. Finally I got up to try to find our server, and another employee stopped to ask if there was a problem. When I said I thought we had been forgotten, he laughed and said we hadn't been, and I was shown back to my table to wait some more! When our dinner was finally delivered I told our server I was disappointed by the wait. She insisted on getting "someone who could help us" despite our repeated protest that we didn't want to make a scene, we just wanted her to know we thought the wait excessive. She replied "Well, I can't help you, so let me get someone who can". ??? Can't help us? How about paying attention to your tables?! Anyway, things went from bad to worse - by that point all we wanted to do was eat, not listen to some guy defend the actions of the restaurant. The food was good, but the mood had been sullied. In the end, we weren't even interested in seeing the sunset photo we had taken on this special night. Sadly, we didn't care to remember it. In short - good food, but very poor service, and a strange, indifferent attitude. I continue to read great reviews of this restaurant, so I hope our experience was the exception.

1 Thank Bow_Wineaux
new york
“Exquisite Meal!”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I have to agree with the other reviewers about the "sunset frenzy". The rush to grab a photo on the lawn COULD have been annoying if it weren't for the delicious food put before us.
The fish was so fresh and prepared perfectly. We even had to have the chocolate mousse for dessert given the fact that everything else was amazing. It was terrific too!
It was our best meal on Kauai as well as Maui.
It's a "MUST DO".

Portland, OR
“Great Views and Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My girlfriend & I dined at the Beach House on our last night in Kauai, which was also her birthday dinner. Overall we had a fun & enjoyable time.

Pros:
* Views are great, and sunset locale is priceless.
* Our dinner was great, although this is subjective, I guess it depends on what you order and previous experience.
* Cocktails were the better ones we experienced on Kauai.
* We had great seats, right in front closest to the ocean....of course I reserved 4 weeks in advance.

Cons:
* Although the restaurant area is very friendly & professional, the lounge area employees apparently aren't require to study the same text. Came across as a normal local bar.
* With the great seating & views comes a little discomfort...you're smack dab seating in the hot sun until sunset. Sounds obvious, but we were seated at 5:30pm, and sunset was around 6:20pm during Sept.....so that's about an hour directly in the sun. We had to laugh about it...everybody was in sunglasses.
* A bit pricey.