“Exceptional”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Winnipeg, Canada
“Exceptional”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We attended this restaurant twice during our stay in Kaua'i April 4-12, 2014. Loved it! The food and the service were both exceptional.

On the first occasion, we attended and had a beachfront sunset view -- I made this reservation three months in advance, and when I called to do so the person who took my reservation told me it was a smart thing to do.

The service was absolutely fantastic and very professional, yet warm. Our server was Deven (I don't know if I have spelled it correctly); she was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and was able to answer our many questions. I am not a fish person but did have mahi mahi encrusted with macadamia nuts served in a citrus beurre blanc sauce. My partner had ono (a local fish) encrusted with wasabi -- amazing.

We loved the meal so much that we returned several days later. Deven was again our server -- an example of excellent service? She remembered not only our names but that my partner can't eat onions. There was another detail that she remembered as well, but I can't recall it at the moment -- I was definitely impressed at the time, though!

On our second trip we each again had fish -- and again, it was amazing! We also had the best calamari we have ever had, anywhere.

The only criticisms, and these are very small ones at most, is that the restaurant is very, very busy and accordingly is not quiet. Our return trip was the latest seating we could get and was still pretty noisy. Not an issue which would ever keep me away. The second, and this was my partner's peeve more than mine, was that the service was a little too efficient. The courses were served perfectly, but at a tempo that was quite quick and did not permit lingering over the meal as one would expect when experiencing fine dining. For me, I enjoyed receiving our order quite promptly but agree that a little more time in between courses would have been nice. In fairness, and given how often folks complain about slow and inefficient service, this was a pleasant problem to have.

• Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“High end”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a very high end restaurant. The reason I only gave them 4 stars was because of their attitude. The food was very good and the service was good. When we first got there they asked if we had reservations to which we replied no. We were there very early in the evening so they were not that crowded yet. That's when they really showed their attitude. I would recommend this restaurant but it's better if you have reservations.

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California
“EXCELLENT Service!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Truly a pleasure to dine at the Beach House. The food and drinks were delicious and beautifully presented and there is a wonderful view from the restaurant but it was the service that really stood out.

Service was wonderful every step of the way. From the valet and immediate seating from the hostess to attentiveness from our server (and personal tidbits about the island,thank you Brett!) through wait staff keeping water and bread baskets filled and dishes cleared to receiving gorgeous cocktails from the bartender. We even noticed that the manager surreptitiously made sure that when the champagne bottle was opened it didn't make too much of a pop (meaning losing our bubbles). Now, that is fine dining detail!

All of this together made for a wonderful dining experience we will be sure to repeat and glad to recommend.

Thank you!

Midwest
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We made reservations at this restaurant and came at our appointed time. The hostess said she could find no reservation for us. We talked it over with her pleasantly and came to conclusion we made the reservation for another restaurant. After seeing this beautiful place, we asked her if we could stay for dinner. It was quite crowded so we thought we'd ask but didn't expect much. Without a missing a beat, she picked up menus and showed us to a perfect table with a beautiful view. This isn't something that usually happens when you've made a mistake like we did. We are glad she was so accommodating. The restaurant is just lovely and the service was top notch. The food was excellent and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will be coming back here again and again on our trips to Kauai.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta
“lovely lunch”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Walked here for lunch one day. I had the Ahi Tuna Nicoise salad and my husband had the fish tacos. Both were very good. Not a scrap was left behind!
The setting, though, is what stands out here. There is no finer view tableside on the island making for a highly satisfactory lunch.
The service was very nice and professional though the young woman needs to learn how to pronounce "haupia." I'm sure she has by now.