“Open concept and location are best attributes”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is our third time dining at Beach House. We've dined in various high end Maui and Kauai restaurants and here's a quick summary of Beach House -

Location - Excellent... Sunsets are the main event and it's almost comical to see everyone flocking to the grass to get a picture and watch the sunset.

Service - Very good to excellent. Very friendly and knowledgable servers.

Food - Good... Not great. We've enjoyed fresher seafood and larger portions elsewhere in Hawaii. In my opinion - for what it's worth - I'm a bit skeptical of over-reliance on truffle oil and au beurre... If you like those flavors you may enjoy the dishes more..

Value - So-so... Never feel like we get great or even good value here. I would expect more portion of fish and more innovation on the flavors with local ingredients for the prices.

Customers - Be careful of loud obnoxious types on the balcony to the west side... We asked to move after the couple beside us insisted on yelling across to the table next to them (strangers nonetheless) ever detail of every past vacation they had taken in memory. Plus, it was gross to see another patron rest her feet at eye level on the railing (like she was at the pool or beach) while we were eating... Just sayin... Staff were very accommodating in moving us out of there after one drink and appy.

Overall, an ok experience but we're in no rush to return...

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Sunsets from the "window" seats are exquisite; make sure you reserve early - we always do even before leaving the mainland. The seafood here is exquisite as well, the best we've found on the island and equal to top restaurants around the world. Service is friendly and attentive. There are many reasons we keep returning to Kauai and this restaurant is on the list.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

It was a great experience--open to the ocean, so we could see
and hear the waves. The food was delicious and wonderful
service.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Wow. This venue was an incredible choice for a Hawaii wedding! I was the wife of the best man and I went along with him to run multiple errands, dropping off champagne flutes and other special items. We met with the event planner to verfiy a few things the bride had asked us to verify. Nicole was so nice and had everything all set and organized. It was assuring. She stayed the entire night to make sure things went as planned also. The ceremony was gorgeous, the food was incredible and the staff was organized. I also want to say there were a few of us with allergies to various foods and they took us all into consideration with each dish. Kristy was so genuine and kind and always made sure I was given a correct plate (sans gluten). As a wedding guest, this venue was amazing.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had my wedding reception dinner at the Beach House restaurant in June 2013. The restaurant is beautiful and everything turned out perfectly (even better than I had imagined). Nicole did an absolutely amazing job. She was extremely helpful, very good at getting back to me quickly, offered all kinds of ideas and needed very little guidance. I told her what I wanted and she made it happen without needing me to walk her through every little step or pester her. I’m not a creative person, which is partly why I wanted some help from a wedding coordinator, and she was great. My only complaint is that I would have liked for them to be open later. We had a sunset wedding so we didn’t get to the restaurant until almost 8pm and they close at 10pm (which is pretty common on this quiet island, but still). It seemed like that should have been enough time for dinner, but it really wasn’t and went by so fast. We did talk to the manager and they did let us stay until 11 or so to finish up our festivities, which was nice. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to have a destination wedding in Hawaii (or just looking for somewhere to eat while visit!). They were even rated one of the most romantic restaurants in the world and I absolutely understand why.