“Lunch with a view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach House Restaurant

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Morrison, Colorado
“Lunch with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had our last lunch and final day here at Beach House. Simply wonderful. Table with an ocean view. Our waiter was fantastic and friendly and made our last meal memorable. We will definitely dine here when we go back to Kauai.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

First, the view was awesome. Come and experience the sunset! The Majestic Mai Tai was great!!! I had the risotto with scallops and it was to die for!!! Hubby had the ceviche and he really enjoyed it. We recommend this place for an all around great place for food and view.

Visited March 2014
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Hawaii?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had great anticipation about visiting this restaurant, the location, food, all in the reviews had me excited.I sent them an email 12 days in advance and thought I had a reservation because they wrote back. All they said was they confirmed my group size and the time, and generically said that if our request was for the next 2 days to call them, it wasn't so I didn't. They did not honor the early request and we adjusted our time to eat and sat away from the view. The whole point in reserving 12 days in advance was to get the time we wanted and the view. By chance, I called about 3 days in advance just to make sure and by then it was too late. The email was worthless, call them till they get their online act together. This is a nice restaurant, very fancy and expensive($30-$40 entrees) and the views of the ocean and sunset are incredible. The food was OK, not perfect, and the server was OK, not perfect. What I wasn't fond of was the atmosphere. Personally I wish they used a more familiar Hawaiian decor than just a fancy decor. My guess is whomever owns this was going after the "gourmet" look. This makes it sterile. The bar could be a Tiki bar and instead is a fancy bar you would see in any major city, not relaxing or inviting. We were staying close and had planned on this place being our hang out spot, and it wasn't, we didn't go back, not for dinner, not for drinks, not for appetizers. They lost.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GTrooper
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous sunset, wonderful dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I called for a reservation but they were of course booked for the evening. The receptionist was still sweet enough to tell us that if we got there early (5:30ish) we could most likely grab an open table in the bar. Luckily we were able to get one on the patio because Beach House has an amazing view of the sunset! The night was even better with Veronica as our server. She really made our night magical! She was sweet, extremely knowledgable with the menu, and restaurant; but most of all did everything she could to make sure romance was in the air and we were smiling. I was mosquito food a few days prior (giggling now - not so funny then), still in so much pain from all my bites. She even went out of her way to find me some apple cider vinegar from the kitchen to take back to our hotel since we stayed so late at our table & everything was closed. Such an angel!!!! We will never forget her or our wonderful last night in Kauai at Beach House....looking forward to our next visit soon! We will definitely be back!

Norwalk, CT
“Excellent restaurant in Poipu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant, directly on the beach in Poipu - an unbelievable location. We ate on the deck, with the ocean breeze all around. The drinks and meals were excellent, and the service very good.
Make a reservation to avoid having to wait.

Visited March 2014