“One of my favorite restaurants Ever!”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is the 5th time I've had the pleasure of eating at the Beach House and is something I look forward to during our trips to Kauai.

We ate here on March 1st for my 30th birthday and while we did not have a table right on the opened window, I prefer the booths just back from those tables anyway.

I had a fantastic salad to start-it had goat cheese and arugala and bits of mango (normally not a fan of mango but it was good in this). The fresh baked bread rolls with bits of pink sea salt baked in to the top were also quite yummy.

My Mom got the beet salad as an appetizer and was raving about it days later. My Dad's crab cake appetizer looked great and my husband really seemed to enjoy his ceviche.

One misstep to my meal- Our waitress really pushed the crab covered monchong dish so I decided to go with it, even though I had been leaning toward the mac crusted mahi or the wasabi coated catch and I wish I had stuck with one of my original two choices. The crab mixture on top of the fish was really creamy and way too sweet (for me), that along with the too sweet purple sweet potato puree was not a great combination.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,041)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a lovely location, the sliding windows opened, provide a nice breeze of of the water. Very relaxing. Te service was very attentive, and the food was good.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very disappointed since this place gets strong ratings and is literally right next door to the condo we're renting. We had been holding off for a visit as we could only afford to go once while here. We chose lunch since it is always so busy for dinner. Showed up pretty early (11:15 or so; hey, we flew here from Nova Scotia so we eat breakfast here at 4 am) and it was us and maybe one other couple. The service was good, but for $17 (each!) for fish tacos we were expecting a LOT. We made our own at home last night for about $3/taco so.. you know. They were mahi which is fine, but there was no mention about the volume of wasabi that was on these things. They provided a bowl of dipping sauce (wasabi) which is probably the ONLY place it should have been. I'm the guy who puts the ENTIRE chunk of wasabi in the soy sauce with sushi, so when I say there is too much wasabi that means something. Anyway, they were basically terrible. We mentioned this to the server who suggested we should order sorbet to cleanse our palates. No discount or even apology. Had they acknowledged our concerns somehow we would have rated the place higher but this was a hugely disappointing visit. While the sunsets here are indeed spectacular, you can sit on the retaining wall out front for free and watch them anyway. Bring a can of beer and your own fish tacos.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

What a great place to celebrate our final night on Kauai. The food was fantastic and the staff very helpful. Every one welcomed our one year old grandson along with his parents and grandparents. This will be on our regular island list.

1  Thank scn01
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Arrived early and sat at bar overlooking the ocean. The drinks were works of art. We were called to a table at time of reservation. Sadly our sunset view outside table was not available. The manager quickly found a table which was obviously saved for mix ups because the location was a little away from the edge but with nothing impeding the view. The waiter Clyde had a great sense of humor and was an excellent server. The experience was fantastic.

1  Thank Mimi B