“Location and food”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is the best ocean view restaurant in Poipu. I read the previous week's review before we went last night and they are all spot-on!

We had reservations for 8pm but were not seated until later, supposedly there was a reservations "glitch". When we were finally at our table the manager had given us one right on the outside, the window was open so we could feel the breeze from the ocean.

Service was slow, but it was not the fault of the waiter, he was wonderful. The Goat cheeses salad was made from local and organic ingredients and husband didn't even offer me a bite! The Mahi mahi in macadamic nut butter($44 split plate) was wonderful,and the Bananas Foster was good (not great). Dinner took 2 hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,896)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

No crowds, great service, and the view is wonderful. The prices are well worth the ambiance and serenity of dining here for lunch.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I has last been to the Beach House in 2009. We returned in Jan. of 2014 and found were not what they had been. The menu has really been cut back, not nearly as many choices. The service also seems to have gone down hill, long wait to have our order taken as well as a long wait for our food.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hands down, one of the best dining experiences in every way. Our view was sensational. We were directly in front of the ocean and watched the full sunset into the evening. The food was more than fabulous. I hazard to say it was the best tasting food I have ever had the pleasure to savor. I have traveled to all 7 continents, and I cannot recollect such exquisite cuisine. To top it off, this was probably the best service also. Clyde, our server, was a professional. He is not just a server. I have never experienced such treatment , but he ensured our comfort over and above expected good service. I have to say, this service was different than the wonderful service I receive in Mexico or India. It's indescribable.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

beautifully set with open doors. great for sunset or just to enjoy the warm tropical breeze. A really great menu, but they don't volunteer the "MP" market price for menu items. Nice service and friendly people.