“Great for MANY years! And now LUNCH!”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Koloa, Hawaii
“Great for MANY years! And now LUNCH!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food, great location, great everything. A MUST for every one who visits Kauai. BUT.....make a Rez or you will need to shave before you get a table.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Manhattan Beach, California
“Veronica is an amazing server!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Beach House Restaurant is one of the most beautiful restaurants we have traveled to. The food is outstanding. Our server Veronica Viloria was just amazing. She was one of the best servers we have ever had at any restaurant. She was able to present the menu and specialties in a unique, enthusiastic, sincere and inviting way. She was careful about checking on us and making sure everything was to our liking. She should be commended for her attitude and superb style. She is outstanding and so is the restaurant. The whole experience on our last night in Kauai was the best! Thank you.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Caren S
Washington, D.C.
“Disappointing, Doesn't Meet the Hype”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I just don't get it. The Beach House is consistently viewed as the best restaurant in Poipu. But it just isn't. Or at least it wasn't the night we went there.

I think the main attraction is the view. We went there in winter at around 7:30 and it was dark so the view didn't matter, though they kindly gave us a good table. The poke appetizer was very good but both of our fish entrees were overcooked--something we have yet to encounter elsewhere on Kauai (the fish on the island is terrific) and just not acceptable in a top restaurant. The quality of the fish was fine but it was overdone.

The hostess also gave us the coolest welcome we have received in Kauai. Not incredibly rude but just so "I don't care." Also very noisy which cuts down on the romance of the place even with the view.

Service was fine (if a tad rote) but we were essentially dumped by our waitress who got too busy and passed us off to someone else. I give them points for making sure we weren't abandoned as can happen in so many places when it gets too busy.

Not bad but for the prices and the hype I expect a lot more. I probably wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank mdglobetrotter
Brisbane, Australia
“A big noisy cafe feeling”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very busy and noisy with a feeling of a diner. A beautiful spot to watch sunset if you are an early diner. My dinner was very tasteless considering it was based on a Thai meal.
Would I go again. No!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sia C
Davis, California
“I'm done with this place.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm done with this place. I try every time. I try to make reservations way in advance. Something always goes wrong. Once you get a table, the service is very good. The food is okay. One person in our party really liked their food. Two of ours were overcooked. But, this time it was the overwhelmingly rude "hostess" who was trying to find our reservation. She would not have any conversation at all about what may have happened, or check if we were at the wrong time, or even look at me when I was asking questions. Then she did something I cannot describe, but it could have been a scene in Mean Girls. The reservation problem was my fault, because I tried to book on Open Table, and I guessed I accidentally booked at Beach House honolulu before I realized that they didn't take Open Table at the Kauai restaurant. Then I called to reserve. Unfortunately, I forgot all this, since I made the reservation so far in advance, and when the Beach House Honolulu sent an email the day before confirming us for the wrong time, I showed up at the wrong time. It was crazy confusing. They did seat us shortly, which was very nice. But the encounter at the hostess station was so off-putting, I had to work hard to shake it. Thankfully, the server was excellent. But still, I'm done. The place is just too high priced to feel like you're an inconvenience. Hundreds of dollars. I'd rather pick up some fish tacos and sit on the beach.

• Visited January 2014