“Great location for wedding/reception”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Beach House Restaurant far surpassed my expectations. My sister had her wedding at the Beach House and location was perfect for a sunset wedding/reception. The staff was very tentative to everyone's needs. The horsd'oeuvers and meal served was fantastic. The only downside to holding a wedding/reception at this location is having to deal with regular restaurant attendees who had a free luau and fire dance show compliments of the wedding party.

Because of the location and the service staff, I would highly recommend this location

Write a ReviewReviews (4,839)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Kauai, and also the 4th time dining at the Beach House. I cannot imagine leaving the island without having dinner here. The ambiance is unsurpassed as the walls are open to the ocean letting in a lovely trade wind breeze. Service is superb, the food is awesome, and we are never disappointed here.

My husband and I shared the watermelon salad on our server's advice, and he was oh, so right. The combination of the watermelon, carmelized macadamia nuts and gorgonzola cheese topped with a raspberry vinaigrette was amazing. My husband had the macadamia crusted fresh catch and I chose the roasted breast of chicken stuffed with mushrooms and blue cheese served with an incredible port wine demi glace on a bed of scrumptous polenta. The portion was large so I took it back to our condo and was able to enjoy it a second time.! I generally don't order chicken out because we eat it so often at home, but I have to say, I have never tasted a better poultry dinner. Ever!

All in all, this place never ceases to please and I can't wait to go back next year!!!

Reservations are a must, and if you want a weekend night call 3 or 4 days in advance. This place is extremely popular!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were staying at the Prince Kuhio condos just across the street from the Beach House. We went there for lunch. The food was very good but the setting and view of the beach and ocean is fabulous. You almost feel like you are dining outside as the windows/walls fully open to let in the fresh ocean breeze. We will have to try dinner sometime.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had lunch at Beach House on our honeymoon this year. This was probably the most beautiful restaurant I've ever eaten in. The atmosphere, the food and the service were unsurpassed and I enjoyed a lililoi mimosa on recommendation too - and I would pass that recommendation on.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Food, wine, service, location all perfect as confirmed by other reviews. I definitely also recommend you do go as it is truly excellent, food was one of the best we enjoyed in Hawaii.

There is a but though which I often tend to struggle with in the US: the speed of service. Why rush through an excellent dinner and wine? We ordered a glass of white wine whilst reviewing the menus. We ordered our food and then started looking at the great wine list to find a good match with our food. Whilst waiting for the waiter to order the wine our starters were already served. Main course was served as I was just finishing my starter. That left us with a lot of wine after finishing our food so we declined dessert and took our time to enjoy the wine. We finally had dessert back at our Ko'a Kea hotel which superb Red Salt restaurant served nicely as we were ready for it.