“Great sunset on Kauai with excellent food”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Great sunset on Kauai with excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The food is excellent but expect to pay $$$. Try the lobster Mac & cheese as a side dish to share.

Make reservations early to get the best table.

• Korean first
“Excellent dining experience even after sunset”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We didn't make reservations in advance, so we didn't get to see the sunset over their famous deck, but we did have a great dinner while listening to the waves crash on the shore. The food was excellent and the service was great. I wasn't very hungry, so I had a salad and the pork loin appetizer - both were very good and made a nice meal, with room for dessert. The others in our group had the Ahi Roll to start, which they loved and the fresh catch as well as another seafood dish. All were fabulous. You can't go wrong with dinner here.

Visited July 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Overpriced sunset”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Apparently a nice sunset view justifies 5 star prices for 3 star food. Food was decent, but outrageously priced. $12 for a child's pasta, or $13 for a child's chicken tenders and they don't even appreciate the view. Entrees ranged from $26 for a chicken breast to $42 for the catch of the day. On the good side, the service was excellent!

Monterrey, México
“Best of poipu”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great sunset, geat drinks, best service and the best fish I had in a long time you ave to go to this place you will love it

Visited July 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Gets better every time”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd trip to Kauai and our 3rd trip to Beach House. As other reviewers said, we always go for the sunset and take family photos. This time we arrived a bit early and went out to take pictures only to find ourselves walking through a bride and her wedding party walking down the aisle! Yes, there was a wedding going on right by the water with all these people taking pics. It was so strange! It was so loud out there I heard the bride ask her wedding planner if her music was even playing!

Ok, onto the rest. We had an awesome server (he told us a clever way to remember his name and of course I can't remember it) and he made our last night on the island a memorable one. We ordered a pork belly appetizer and I must say that I didn't like it. My husband had the crab cakes and really liked them. I had a Caesar salad before my entree and that was good and a good size. My main dish was the filet (I know, I should get seafood but I don't like seafood) and it was good. Came out cooked perfectly but definitely lacked flavor. I asked for the blue cheese that comes on top, on the side because I wasn't sure if I would like it (definitely didn't). That is what gives it the flavor. I asked for a steak sauce and they didn't have any. Strange. I ended up salting it and it tasted better that way. My family ordered the seafood pasta, ahi tuna, and something similar to sea bass and they were all raving about their dishes! We shared a molten chocolate cake and that was awesome.

The biggest negative thing I will say is that it was UBER hot in the corner we were in! We were far away from the ocean view and we were sweating! Not exaggerating, literally dripping by the end of the night.

Overall a good experience and I'm sure we will be back on our next trip to Kauai.