“sunset diner”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We made reservations ahead of time for a 7 pm table in anticipation of the sunset. If I could go back I would eat earlier and enjoy the views then relax on the lawn and watch the sunset after dinner. We were seated in the back of the restaurant at an open table. This was a disappointment because we were hoping to watch the sunset but our fault because of the reservation time. We were able to walk out onto the lawn after we placed our drink order and enjoy the cloudy sunset.

Food was excellent but service was a little slow. The drinks and apps came quick but the main meal two drinks later. The fresh fish was outstanding however. I would recommend the Beach House to anyone looking for a great venue and solid food.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,836)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We tried to eat at The Beach House about 10 years ago, without a reservation, and could not get in. This time around, I booked my reservation before we even left for Kauai. And am I glad I did! What a great restaurant it was! The view is absolutely amazing, right along the ocean, with big glass windows. We were not seated right at the window, but still had an excellent view. The waiter told us the mahi mahi was the most popular meal there, so we ordered it, and it was fantastic. The sauce was delicious, and the fish nice and moist. And to top it off, they had bananas foster on their dessert menu, which is my all-time favorite dessert. As the sun was setting, half of the customers in the restaurant went outside to take sunset pictures by the ocean, and of course we went outside with them. Of all the restaurants we went to on our trip to Kauai, this was the best!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had dinner at the Beach House after watching the sunset. He had the beet salad and I had the watermelon salad. Both were delicious. So was his macadamia nut crusted fish and my scallops. Then came the molten chocolate cake!! How did we eat all of it? It was just so good. We will walk an extra mile tomorrow.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were seated timely but it was downhill after that. We were here for our anniversary, didn't even get a mention from our waiter. The food took forever to come out and the waiter was very pushy. We ordered lava cakes for dessert, they cooked it completely twice, they don't know how to make lava cakes. They instead wanted to push some other dessert. The waiter was very unapologetic to say the least, even after he promised the second time round it would be perfect. When I even mentioned to this waiter it was our anniversary, he paid little regard. He begrudgingly gave us a anniversary card from up front. Very unmoving and not genuine. Goto Roy's Hawaii instead and have the meal/service of a lifetime! This place won't sustain with efforts like this.

2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Romantic date on your honeymoon? This is the place to go. Right by the shore. Food is good but quite expensive. Small portion size. Service was food. Could split an entree for 5 bucks.