“Kauai's version of Mama's Fish House”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Broomfield, Colorado
“Kauai's version of Mama's Fish House”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a fine dining establishment. You will be thrilled with the food, drinks, service, and view. Your meal will come with a hefty price tag. Don't let the price stand in the way of a memorable experience. That's why you traveled to Hawaii in the first place, right? Make sure to make reservations well in advance.

We ate dinner here with my mom and dad. My mom is in a wheelchair and there are maybe five or six tables (from what I saw) that aren't sunken. Other tables require the use of stairs. We were originally sat in what seemed a make-shift table right by the bar. If we had been forced to eat our meal in this location, my review would have been much different. It was fortunate that the party at a nearby table (out on the lanai) chose to leave. We asked if we could be moved, and our request was granted quickly.

From then on, our meal and service were flawless. I recommend dining here for your final evening on the island, or to celebrate a special occasion. I would compare this restaurant to the famed Mama's Fish House on Maui. The Beach House certainly deserves the same rave reviews. While in Poipu, we almost ate at Keoki's Paradise instead. A local told us that the fish there is not very fresh, and to dine at Beach House instead. I'm sure glad we did!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ColoradoBuffGal

• Korean first
“Great view”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The view of the ocean is perfect, the food is good but the service is terribly slow. We were there in the afternoon there were 2 other tables in the dining room being served. If it wasn't for the beautiful scenery, I would have blown my top over the slow service. 1 1/2 hours to eat a lunch. Good thing we weren't very starvinsor we would have passed away by the time we got the food

Falls Church, VA
“Cannot beat the view”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a great lunch there, watched humpback whales in the ocean and highly recommend this restaurant. The staff is very friendly and the food at lunch very reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“An Absolute Must”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beach House is an absolute must. Not only does it provide you with breath-taking sunset views, but the drinks, food & service are exceptional. Call ahead and get reservations so you can dine at sunset. The staff actually encourages its patrons to go out on the lawn and snap photos out on their lawn; our waiter even offered to take our photo.

This was probably our best meal while in Kauai. Recommendations include: Majestic Mai Tai; mahi mahi special; lobster mac & cheese and the Hawaiian carrot cake.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank KPNagle
“Great view & tasty food-unbeatable”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I went to Beach House for a late lunch after snorkeling. Nice, open air dining with a roof made me feel like i was outside ( without getting more sun).Loved the view, especially when Humpback whales started breaching out front. The calamari appetizer was tender, with a crispy Panko crust(but not greasy). I ordered fish tacos, made with Mahi Mahi. The fish was perfectly cooked, and the salsa&guacamole sides perfect accompaniment. My husband said his fish&chips was good.