“WORST dinner ever”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed December 20, 2011

It's shocking to sit down on your vacation, plop down $90 for two people with only one beer between us and have the worst meal in any recent memory, and yes, even going back to microwave college ramen days. And that's the incredible problem. We ordered ono, the Hawaiian "fresh" catch of the day and it tasted as if it had been overcooked in a microwave. It was accompanied by a tomato stuffed with wilted greens and drowned in butter and some daub of creamy cheese. The whole experience was entirely disgusting. It tainted out first night out in Kauai. Also, makes me question the positive reviews before this - were they friends of the owners? People who will eat anything? In fact our airplane food on Continental Airlines, no less, was better. Do not go there!

3  Thank bscchang
Write a ReviewReviews (4,956)

Reviewed December 20, 2011

It definitely wasn't the best fish I had on our honeymoon, but the sunset was breathtaking! The fish was good-but it was really very expensive! To be honest, it is set up as more of a higher-end restaurant, so as long as you know that, and go in prepared you won't be too disappointed! Make sure to go before the sunset, and remember to bring your camera!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Used TA to select a romantic eatery to celebrate our 43rd anniversary while on a return visit to Kauai. We thought The Beach House in Poipu would be perfect. WRONG! We arrived at the valet parking at 6:10 pm, and by 6:15 we were sitting at the bar enjoying the fantastic view. By 6:30 we were seated at our table and the server took our order. Shortly, the salad arrived. Forty minutes later, after having to signal for the server's attention, she explained that what we had ordered takes the most time to prepare. LIE! Fifteen minutes later the " manager", comes to our table and explains, "This never happens." LIE! Ten more minutes pass and the server is going to check on the kitchen to see if our order is played. Ten more minutes pass and server returns and suggests we skip out on the salad and drink bill, and leave the establishment ! That was the most truthful thing we heard all night. We left, and the only person to ven see any money was the valet guy.
This eatery needs an overhaul in management, in my opinion !

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We expected so much. Our kids had had two great meals here in the past. The worst mojoido ever. It took an hour to get our food. Fish was cold. Shrimp were great but cold. They have a big kitchen problem! The manager was defensive rather than apologetic

3  Thank stephen10023
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed in Princeville while we were on the island, so this was a bit of a drive for us to get to (and my husband was not thrilled about it). I had several people tell me about The Beach House, all great reviews.

I made reservations the day before we went, which wasn't a problem (I hear if you make reservations in advance you get better seating). We showed up early and had a couple drinks at the bar. The drinks are soooo good! The atmosphere is breath-taking-you want to be there for sunset even if it's just for drinks.

We were seated on time, and had an exceptional meal, def. the best on the island. I highly recommend stopping here, and so does my husband.